Sandip

Hello,

I want to use more that 500 MB space. Is there any way to upgrade this Web Space? If require, I can pay price for this.

And, does email account space is included in this 500 MB Space?

Thank you Shinryu for your time and knowledge.

Also I want to use more that 500 MB space. Is there any way to upgrade this 500 MB Web Space? If require, I can pay price for this.

color=#282828]I want to use more that 500 MB space. [/color]Is there any way to upgrade this 500 MB Web Space? If require, I can pay price for this.

Sorry, but we do not offer any upgraded plans. All accounts are limited too 500mb, which is more than enough for most websites.

I don't recall increased web space as an award, and it is unlikely to happen. If you are storing photos, videos, or other downloadable files, I recommend using services such as YouTube or Dropbox. Both services provide permalinks you can use on your website.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

Thank you jje. Next time i am expecting some better competition.

Your welcome Yes, I hope next time more people will enter the competition.

Could the next winner get some prizes like a domain name

or just some more space ...

A free domain name would obviously cost money and that's likely something HelioHost would not do.

However, I believe cPanel will permit me to add an increase for disk space; I will consider a more space award in the next competition. I'm thinking about 100MB extra space as a reward for 1st place...

Seems like an awesome incentive.

I also wanted to add that one of the problems with paid hosting is that they are forever hassling you at every step trying to confuse you or force you to upgrade to some more expensive plan so they can make more money from you. We have a different philosophy at Heliohost. We aren't some big corporation trying to suck you dry of all your hard earned cash; we are just a small non-profit operated by volunteers and the community providing free hosting to anyone who wants it.

The only thing we charge extra for is dedicated IPs because we get charged to provide them. If we could give away free IP addresses we would, but unfortunately IPV4 is horribly inadequate for how big the Internet has gotten, and IPV6 isn't standardized enough yet.

[Querying whois.arin.net]

[whois.arin.net]

#

# Query terms are ambiguous. The query is assumed to be:

# "n 216.218.192.170"

#

# Use "?" to get help.

#

#

# The following results may also be obtained via:

# http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=216.218.192.170?showDetails=true&showARIN=false&ext=netref2

#

Connex Internet Services, Inc. HURRICANE-CE1103-4501 (NET-216-218-192-168-1) 216.218.192.168 - 216.218.192.175

Helio Networks LIS-HELIO-6 (NET-216-218-192-168-2) 216.218.192.168 - 216.218.192.175

Hurricane Electric, Inc. HURRICANE-1 (NET-216-218-128-0-1) 216.218.128.0 - 216.218.255.255

#

# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use

# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html

#

Looks like Hurricane Electric gets them from Connex Internet Service.

Thanks to all of you for your answers and thank you to Helionet for unlocking this topic.

Again when will be the Web site competition to win 500 MB space?

Do this competition is to see best design or best coding?

How many participants are there in previous entry?

In heliohost all thing is unlimited except the web disk space. Is there any way to get unlimited web disc space? I mean by giving price, winning competition, helionet forum posting, by helping helionet members or administrators, or any other way.

Is there any way to get unlimited web disc space?

Absolutely no way, from my understanding we barely make enough in ad revenue to cover the costs of colocation and utilities. We maybe make a little extra to save for 'rainy days' so we can't just foot the bill for a new server and the extra costs/month. With the amount of users there has to be a limit on the storage space per user, we got an increase in space when Johnny was bought last year because we had a whole empty server that could help ease the burden. More servers would mean more space per user, but never unlimited because as a nonprofit it simply can't be done without a lot of huge donations, which we don't even take.

Also I'd like to state what I consider the obvious; our admins who are here every single day trying to make sure we have our sites up and running with as little fuss as possible don't draw paychecks for all the time they put in, they're putting in the time because they care about the service being provided and believe in it. So when in the one day that service was completely down on Stevie to see a bunch of posts about how service -should- be better, could be better, and even about leaving as soon service was restored is disturbing for me to see, and I'm not even a staff member, if I were an admin reading those posts I'd feel deeply hurt.