[Solved] Addon Ftp Doesn't Work

Jimbo1qaz

I created an addon domain k12swap.com for proxse, but I hosted it in a separate directory outside of my public_html folder, as I do not wish for people on my main site to be able to see my addon domain. (Or is it htaccess'ed so it's only visible from addon?) I set up the ftp username and password, but strangely the cPanel wants me to log in from my main domain, not k12swap.com. And when I tried to log in from k12swap, it 503'ed me out and eventually locked me out of cPanel for brute-forcing.

You can create as many ftp accounts as you wish, but the username of them all will all be of the form "username@main.domain" except for your main default ftp account which will have the same username as you log into cPanel with. The host that you connect with can be ftp.addondomain and it should work fine though. I'm guessing that the brute force and the failure to log in was because you weren't using the correct username. I also checked the brute force protection and I don't see anything listed for your account or for your IP address. It generally clears on it's own pretty quickly unless you go nuts on the incorrect login attempts.

I just tested a ftp account on an addon domain and it worked just fine for me. The ftp root was the addon domain, and I couldn't navigate back to the public_html directory below it as expected. Let us know if you're still having problems logging in or connecting with ftp.