Html Tutorial Ideas

GLaDOS

If you are planning on making tutorials, start out with an explanation of tags. For example: you could show them a <b> tag and show how it makes text bold. Then, show the problem that you run into: how to make the bold text stop. Show the end tag and how it works. I wouldn't get into the document structure part of HTML until you are sure that they have tags mastered. Also, you probably don't want to introduce hex colors, or even attributes until you have explained document structure. Another thing would be for you to replace your example tags (e.g. < html >) with something like this: <html>. You can find all sorts of HTML character entities here. Lastly, I would separate the code from the explanation, probably by using the <code> tag.

P.S. This is just an opinion, but if I were you, I would make the colors on the website a little more... mild. I guess it wouldn't hurt to make the navigation easier ... now would it...?

Well, the <font> tag is no longer valid html and your site uses it a lot. Not a good thing to use for a site teaching html.

Back on topic, as encody stated above, but teach them proper order. You talk about the <head> and <title> tag but it's not too clear that it needs to be within the <head> tag. Provide an example of sorts that shows proper order of an html document.

You also shouldn't be starting off with tags. You need to, as above, first teach the proper structure of an html document so the user knows what needs to be where, and what shouldn't be somewhere else.