[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error - Installing Wordpress

donnnie

Having difficulty installing Wordpress, whenever I run the .php files I get a 500 Internal Server Error. Checked the error logs from cPanel and they're not reporting anything (except missing error page files! After adding files, no errors are reported).

Have tried a number of methods:

- Downloaded latest Wordpress software package, unpacked, copied to public_html, created database, ran the install.php, error 500

- Created wp-config.php file manually, uploaded it to the correct location, ran install.php, error 500

- Removed all files and wiped database, tried a Softaculous install, received email stating install was succesful, went to homepage, error 500

- Checked permissions of all files and folders, they are as they should be

- Couldn't find .htaccess file, so added a blank one, added one from an old website, neither helped

- Checked memory allocation for php - 20M, which should be OK

Database seems to be working fine, everything on cPanel is working fine, no issues on server.

Without having any idea what this error is or what's causing it, I'm finding it impossible to troubleshoot.

Domain: detaildesign.me

Username: donnnie

Server: stevie

That error is usually generated when you have reached your maximum process limit. Common causes include running webmail, cPanel, phpMyAdmin or FTP open while viewing your site, as well as scripts being poorly written and staying loaded in memory.