[Solved] Johnny Not Accepting Remote Connections For Postgresql

eserv

Dear Admin,

Just wanted to notify you of a possible bug that Johnny is not accepting remote/external connections to PostgreSQL at port 5432. Stevie is connecting fine. Would it be possible for you to enable the same on Johnny as well?

Also, my ASP.NET application (which is developed in Mono) is not working even for a simple ASP.NET page. As I understand Johnny has Mono, is it enabled for us to use?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Just wanted to notify you of a possible bug that Johnny is not accepting remote/external connections to PostgreSQL at port 5432. Stevie is connecting fine. Would it be possible for you to enable the same on Johnny as well?

Does it work now?

Also, my ASP.NET application (which is developed in Mono) is not working even for a simple ASP.NET page. As I understand Johnny has Mono, is it enabled for us to use?

Yes.

Thanks for you super fast response!

The problem continues, pgAdmin III still shows the Server doesn't listen message. However - this time it shows it really quick, like within a second. Earlier it would take almost a minute to conclude that the server is not listening. I think whatever you changed did make a difference, but something is still missing.

I tried telnet to johnny.heliohost.org port 5432 and interestingly telnet reports "Connection refused". It seems that the server is not happy with my local machine's IP address.

I tried telnet to johnny.heliohost.org port 5432 and interestingly telnet reports "Connection refused". It seems that the server is not happy with my local machine's IP address.

What makes you think we'd let users telnet in -_-. Shell access of any kind isn't allowed, this is why your connection got refused.

Ok, try it now.

Actually using the telnet command on various ports is a great way to troubleshoot services. For instance if you're having trouble with httpd service you could telnet to port 80 to see the raw responses.