Congratulations To Shinryuu

HelioHost

Please join me in congratulating the newest member of the Heliohost support staff, Shinryuu. Not only has he recently received a free domain for helping out on the forums, but after some discussion with the existing moderators and administrators we took a vote and unanimously decided to offer him a promotion to moderator. Since this news post exists it goes without saying that he accepted the position.

As Shinryuu has probably learned, volunteering your time at Heliohost has many benefits. Not only do you have the option to get paid for your posts by requesting a free domain paid for in full by Heliohost, but you also learn a lot in the process. Not to mention that intangible warm good feeling from helping people with their problems. ^_^

At Heliohost we have a different business model than most companies. We believe in building and strengthening our community by encouraging users to assist each other with questions and problems. Not only does it free up the admins to spend their time working on bigger issues, but it also promotes a great atmosphere of learning and helping each other. You may think you already know a lot about servers, websites, and computing in general, but it's amazing how much more you can learn trying to help others with their seemingly easy problems.

Congratulations Shinryuu, it's because of users like you that makes Heliohost great, and ensures that this free service will exist for many years to come.

the domain you set up for him is still not active.

Name	GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server	whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL	http://registrar.godaddy.com
Status	clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited
Important Dates More Info
Expires On	February 01, 2014
Registered On	February 01, 2013
Updated On	February 01, 2013
Name Servers More Info
ns1.heliohost.org	65.19.143.3
ns2.heliohost.org	64.62.211.133

Heliohost has purchased the domain in his name, and set the nameservers for him. He's not required to create a website with it if he doesn't want to. Some domains get held and paid for like this for years without actually having a website on them. Some people even purchase hundreds of domain names hoping that a company or something will come along and pay them thousands of dollars for the domain eventually. My guess is he's been too busy to set it all up yet.

I just wanted to point out that Heliohost does in fact keep our end of the bargain and does actually give out free domains; it's not a scam or anything.

My guess is he's been too busy to set it all up yet.

That's true, however DNS resolution is failing, I'm guessing it's something with godaddy? Not too sure and not too concerning at the moment.