[Answered] Stevie Signup?

dogboydog

Hi,

I am really interested in hosting with HelioHost but it seems impossible to sign up for Stevie. I have looked many times over the last few days but the limit is always reached. In fact I set my alarm to just before 3 AM EST (midnight PST) and tried to sign up right when the limit reset, but the second I clicked it , it was already reached. Are you not accepting new signups at all, or is the limit very low? How could it be used up right at midnight already? I am not interested in using Johnny because 15% downtime sounds way too high.

thanks.

You can check the Heliohost Signup Reset Time with that to make sure it has reset. I doubt the signup was filled that fast. Stevie is popular sure, but there's no way signups get closed that quickly, you probably jumped the gun.

I was using that page, sitting there waiting as it counted down to zero minutes. I tried several times before and after and it said it was full. I revisited that page after trying and it said 23 hours and fifty something minutes remaining, and it still had the message about the limit on Stevie being up.

I've heard reports of some people's browsers caching the "signups are full page", so make sure you clear your browser cache before trying at 3am. There was some downtime on Piotr's server monitor last night, but if you look at http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ you can see that signups were available for at least 2.5 hours on Stevie. If you look at previous days it looks like Stevie signups usually last about 5-6 hours lately, but it just depends on how many people are signing up so you can't always know for sure how long signups will be open.

I've heard reports of some people's browsers caching the "signups are full page", so make sure you clear your browser cache before trying at 3am. There was some downtime on Piotr's server monitor last night, but if you look at http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ you can see that signups were available for at least 2.5 hours on Stevie. If you look at previous days it looks like Stevie signups usually last about 5-6 hours lately, but it just depends on how many people are signing up so you can't always know for sure how long signups will be open.

Okay, thank you. Weird issue. I will try waking up again tonight and hopefully I can snag an account. I appreciate it.

Yeah, no problem. Our apologies for having to limit the number of new accounts each day. If we didn't have a limit the server would surely be overrun with new accounts and our 99.9% uptime would plummet. Johnny doesn't have a limit to the number of accounts created each day, and since you want to create your account on Stevie is proof of how well that is working out.