seph

First I would like to say thank you for all of your time and effort for providing us with such a wonderful service. :)

When trying to access my site I get this error:

Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB' [1286]

When I checked the engines tab in phpmyadmin it showed

MyISAM MyISAM storage engine MRG_MYISAM Collection of identical MyISAM tables MEMORY Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary tables BLACKHOLE /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it disappears) CSV CSV storage engine InnoDB Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys ARCHIVE Archive storage engine PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA Performance Schema FEDERATED

Federated MySQL storage engine

And when clicking on the InnoDB entry I am told:

InnoDB

Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys

This MySQL server does not support the InnoDB storage engine.

There is no detailed status information available for this storage engine.

So it would seem that there is no InnoDB engine preent in the database.

However , in order for me to recieve the initial error Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB' [1286]

InnoDB would have had to have been present when the database was written, and now it is not.

In order for me to resolve this error I must delete all log files and restart the mysql database.

How would I be able to do that? Thanx again .

At first thank you for you change my password that i can login to the cpanel again, but i have another problem that "Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'" is, and i execute the sql "SHOW ENGINES" in mysql, it shows that the mysql not support the InnoDB. can you fix it? my website is peng1985.de in johnny server.

Hi

- cPanel user name: papito

- main domain: papito.heliohost.org

- server: Johnny

I created my 1st WP site last week after finally getting mostly uninterrupted access to Johnny (since the past 2wks since my account creation I was unable to do very much since it kept going offline frequently).

I noticed 2 days ago I was getting a database error but was able to log into CPanel. MySQL told me the database was offline when I tried to access it.

The next day the site connected but it just comes up with the Wordpress 5 minute installation. Trying to check the database in MySQL tells me that it is 0MB and on doing a backup, the log file mailed to me comes up with:

Determining mysql dbs......mysql version: 5.5......mysqldump version: 5.5...Saving mysql privs...Done

ERROR 1286 (42000) at line 1: Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

ERROR 1286 (42000) at line 1: Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

...Done

Skipping Logaholic Backup. Logaholic is globally disabled on this system.

Storing mysql dbs............

papito_wordpresspapito_wordpress.wp_commentmeta

Error : Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

error : Corrupt

papito_wordpress.wp_comments

papito_wordpress.wp_links

papito_wordpress.wp_options

papito_wordpress.wp_postmeta

papito_wordpress.wp_posts

papito_wordpress.wp_term_relationships

papito_wordpress.wp_term_taxonomy

papito_wordpress.wp_terms

papito_wordpress.wp_usermeta

papito_wordpress.wp_users

papito_wordpress.wp_wowslider

(790 bytes) horde.turba_objectshorde.turba_objects

(779 bytes) horde.turba_shareshorde.turba_shares

(779 bytes) horde.horde_prefshorde.horde_prefs

(779 bytes) horde.kronolith_shareshorde.kronolith_shares

(779 bytes) horde.kronolith_storagehorde.kronolith_storage

(779 bytes) horde.mnemo_memoshorde.mnemo_memos

(779 bytes) horde.nag_taskshorde.nag_tasks

(779 bytes) .........

ERROR: Failed to dump one or more databases

...Done

I have read one similar posting online and it suggests that the database engine has been changed from MyISAM to InnoDB from which it needs to be changed back, analysed & recompiled. I don't have any knowledge or experience of databases so if anyone could please help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Papito

According to http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/15387-johnny-nearly-100/ , the InnoDB issue is being looked into:

...any databases which use the InnoDB engine are still offline at this time. The Heliohost staff are working to see if InnoDB access can be restored, or if not whether the databases can be converted.

My WP website went down on the Johnny crash and it now shows database errors in the backup and the WP installation screen comes up.

I posted some info for support but you have deleted my post?! Please tell me why? I had sent 2 support mails from the CPanel already with no reply so I posted on here. So much for support....

papito

papito.heliohost.org

Johnny

I have tried to reinstall WP again but it comes up with 'WordPress database error: [unknown storage engine 'InnoDB']' So I am at a loss what to do

Ok I see you have merged it with another one 'Johnny Innodb'...I would not have realised if I did not go through every other post on the CS section :wacko: Thanks!

I guess u can delete this thread now

Edited by Papito

It's been over a week so I guess we should throw in a slight update, we're looking into the problem but it's quite a mess. Before Johnny died this time MySQL could be considered a bit sluggish by the optimistic, post-crash MySQL would start up with all engines enabled and start a crash recovery process, this recovery would actually crash and MySQL would fail to start. Disabling InnoDB allowed MySQL to start without issue, and it shouldn't have been a real issue since most users just go with the default which is MyISAM. Our speculation is perhaps you guys are using a database backed up from another host or maybe your CMS weirdly decided to use InnoDB as an engine, either way, we don't like that you guys can't access your databases at all any more than you do.

Here's the thing though, since InnoDB has been disabled MySQL queries have responded faster and in general it seems leaving InnoDB off might help Johnny in the long run. We do want to enable it, at least temporarily, so you can convert the database tables to another engine or take a backup of your information. It's a hard call to make and the finer detail of getting MySQL to run with it enabled still needs to be dealt with first, but I figured you guys could use something to help with the nail-biting suspense.

TL;DR Your data is recoverable, and can be converted to avoid the situation again. We hope to be able to let you have access to your data sometime soon, but it will take more time. InnoDB may be permanently disabled in the future to keep improved MySQL response times. If anything new comes up we'll let you guys know, thank you for your patience.

Ok, Johnny InnoDB appears to be back online and working now.

mysql> show engines;
+--------------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine             | Support | Comment                                                        | Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+--------------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| MyISAM             | DEFAULT | MyISAM storage engine                                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MRG_MYISAM         | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MEMORY             | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE          | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV                | YES     | CSV storage engine                                             | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| InnoDB             | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| ARCHIVE            | YES     | Archive storage engine                                         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA | YES     | Performance Schema                                             | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| FEDERATED          | NO      | Federated MySQL storage engine                                 | NULL         | NULL | NULL       |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I also tested out a couple InnoDB databases, and I was able to use them, select from them, etc. There are still a few warning messages about InnoDB popping up in the error log though. Just let us know if you're still having any issues with this. I would also suggest converting to the default engine, MyISAM, as it has better crash recovery and if you all had been using it instead of InnoDB there wouldn't have been any MySQL downtime for your site after the Johnny crash. Of course, that said, the chances of Johnny crashing like that again are rather slim.