Tiny Tiny Rss

I have set up Tiny Tiny RSS on my HelioHost account, in order to guarantee a future for my RSS feeds after Google Reader goes dark on July 1. Everything looks and works the way it is supposed to. . . .except one thing. . . .it doesn't update in the background. I've done extensive searching for answers on how to make this happen and according to someone in the know, here's what they have said:

First make sure your webhost allows background processes. If so, this is my crontab entry (which runs 3 times per hour):

5,25,45 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php54 /home/<username>/webapps/<ttrss-directory>/update.php --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Am I able/allowed to do this and if so, can someone give me an idea of how it is achieved? Please and thank you!

Bryan

We only allow 2 cron jobs per day, you can use setcronjob.com to run up to 50 remote cron commands per day.

Got it! Awesome resource! How would I go about setting up something like this when it is not stored on the heliohost server? For example, using the cron job I posted earlier, how would I format it on SetCronJob.Com, modified, of course, to run a job once every 30 minutes. . . .?

5,25,45 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php54 /home/<username>/webapps/<ttrss-directory>/update.php --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1 &

When I try to run the update script, it complains giving me the following error:

"Please run this script from the command line. Use option "-help" to display command help if this error is displayed erroneously."

Am I doing something wrong? I'm very new to these things and I REALLY appreciate all your assistance!