Graphics Software

i'm a digital photographer so i've had a lot of experience with graphics programs...i started out with photoshop 3.0...haha, that was way back in the day!

anyone try photoshop cs3 beta yet? i've used cs2 for a long time, and cs3 is such a refreshing change.

the magic wand was great in the past photoshops, but in cs3 there is a new selection tool that works so nicely...theyll start shipping the finished version within a month or two so i suggest you guys get it...

the black and white conversion in cs3 is really nice too...

also, adobe lightroom started shipping out this past month...i've tried it and it's a great little program for graphics editing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a digital photographer so i've had a lot of experience with graphics programs...i started out with photoshop 3.0...haha, that was way back in the day!

anyone try photoshop cs3 beta yet? i've used cs2 for a long time, and cs3 is such a refreshing change.

the magic wand was great in the past photoshops, but in cs3 there is a new selection tool that works so nicely...theyll start shipping the finished version within a month or two so i suggest you guys get it...

also, adobe lightroom started shipping out this past month...i've tried it and it's a great little program for graphics editing.

Thinking about Photoshop for a while just wondered what the magic wand tool does?

Thinking about Photoshop for a while just wondered what the magic wand tool does?

the magic wand is a selection tool used to select a specific part of a picture...for example, click inside a person's face and if the colors are similar, it'll select the whole face for you...you can then do what you want with the face, but leave the rest of the picture alone...there's a lot more you can do with the magic wand, but that's the basic use of it...

Sorry about that. I edited it. I meant to type macromedia fireworks but mistakingly typed firefox. So anyways can you help me out? How do you fade one image into another image in fireworks?

are you talking about animating it to make one image fade into the other? or to layer one of the images on top of the other?

I think he means one picture gradiating into another picture in one frame, like gradient colours, but with images.

I have an idea..

Try making a square, which is gradient. On the left, it has white (#FFFFFF) at 100% transparency. On the right, it has white with 0% transparency.

Turn this shape into a mask over another image, and you should have one image fading into transparency.

Then put another image underneath it.

Theoretically, this should work. Havn't tried it though, just thought it up.