[Answered] Help, My Login Doesn't Work :(

johnTye

I have just started using Heliohost, I have moved from another hosting service and want to migrate my content and scripts to Heliohost. It seemed simple enough until it tried logging on (yes, I did wait until my account was activated, yes I did use the correct password and yes I did try to reset my password (9 times)). When I entered my login details, into the page based login screen, it simply asked for them again in a seperate dialog box. This happeded every single time that I tried to sign in except for twice and even then I was unable to log into the Ubuntu FTP client using the details specified in the cPanel information. Right now I could look really stupid, not being able to login, is it just me or is there a problem?

web adress: pleexperiserv.heliohost.org

server: Johnny

It looks like you account is active, @johnTye please wait for some admins to take a look at it take necessary decision at the earliest.

Welcome to Heliohost and Helionet Community.

Thanks for posting about this. I too had noticed a lot of annoying popup username/password boxes since a recent cPanel upgrade on Johnny. I just hit cancel on the popup and it would just log me in as normal. Since you posted this topic I did a little research and found the option that controls those popup boxes. It turns out that having those popups enabled actually decreases the security of the server. So, they are annoying as hell AND they reduce security. Yeah, not a tough decision to disable the crap out of them. I'm a little confused why they got enabled during the update in the first place, but they are disabled now.

Let us know if you're still having trouble logging in.