[Solved] Unable To Log In To Cpannel

stephanrkhd

Hi,

I am anable to access my website or CPannel.

This is the message i get when i try and login to the CPannel from heliohost.org or vist my website.

could not connect to stevie.heliohost.org:2082

Suggestions:

My username is sdh and the server is Stevie

Thank You.

Your IP was blocked on April 4th for connecting to FTP 674 times in less than 12 hours. It's fine to connect to FTP that many times if you have a legitimate reason, but you should let us know in advance so your IP won't get blocked. Generally when we see that volume of FTP connections coming from one IP address that quickly it indicates a brute force attack to try to gain illegal access to data on our servers.

I have unblocked your IP address so your site and cPanel should now be accessible to you again. If you expect this volume of FTP connections to continue in the future you should post to let us know what you use all those connections for and that way we can whitelist your account for unlimited FTP usage.

• Like 1

Thank You,

Sorry about that, i was busy updating everything on my site.

It might be a bit busy for the next 2 / 3 day's while I upload / download a lot of the files that I am editing but apart from that it should be fairly low again.

Thank's again.

Just out of curiousity what FTP client are you using? Most clients just open a couple FTP connections and then can transfer thousands of files through those open connections without closing and starting a new connection. There is even an automated weather station that we host that opens a new FTP connection every 5 minutes or so to update the website and that only results in about 300 connections per 24 hours. The reason I ask is the more information we can get the better we can fine tune our systems to allow normal usage while still blocking the hackers and bots.

I'm using HTML Kit and it open's a new connection everytime it open / saves a file.

When you open a file it downloads it locally, closes the connection then when you save it it saves it locally then opens a connection to upload the saved file.

Might be a better option to use a better client,

Agreed. What he's using doesn't sound like the best idea out there, especially if he saves a lot and has multiple files open.

If his program really uploads every time he saves and downloads every time he opens, it's a bit excessive. It'd be better to do all the development locally and just upload the files once every so often as progress is made on whatever he is doing.

His IP had already become blocked again since he had another 300ish connections in 9 hours. I unblocked it again, and whitelisted his account. It's really not that big of a deal to open that many FTP connections as long as everyone doesn't start using this crazy htmlkit client and doing the same thing. I imagine if several hundred people were all doing the same thing at the same time FTP would become so bogged down that no one would be able to connect at all, and that's the reason behind our automated systems denying access to FTP overusers.