[Answered] Mysql Problems

lucasjacob

When I first saw this post the script was returning 500 errors.

At that time helionet was timing out to the point I gave up trying to login and this thread was locked for some reason.

There appeared to be an issue with mysql and the engine not responding all the time. (My website was returning intermittent Error Establishing Database connection messages and took a few reloads over 5 to 10 minutes to get a repose of actual content rather than just the error).

I would say this would have been the cause of the issues? And would there have been a reason for the mysql engines problems?

Edited by craigis

Well, sometimes users get carried away with some ridiculous queries that take tonnes of time to execute, so a case of abuse may have been the issue. Our servers are set up to let you guys do what you want while there are resources to go around, but to start suspending accounts when they cause too many problems. It's a fully automated system and seems like this was the case since it resolved itself within a few minutes.

I don't have access to any logs so don't quote me on that, it just seems the logical choice.