[Answered] Installing Hoarde

lisanet

Okay, I had my question in the wrong forum. When I try to log into Hoade email it says I am unauthorized. I think I need to reinstall it as suggested by Krydos. How do I do this? What about the Hoarde that's already on there? Can I uninstall that to gain more space? Will I have to reinstall my SSL if I do this?

There are two options to check your mail with horde webmail using SSL:

• http://johnny.heliohost.org:2096/ - Pros: No setup required, already available on all accounts, doesn't use up any of your 500 MB disk space. Cons: Doesn't show your domain in the browser bar, uses the server's self-signed SSL certificate instead of your account's, browsers will show warning message because the certificate is self-signed.
  • Install horde webmail on your account - Pros: Uses your account's SSL certificate, your domain shows in the browser bar, don't have to remember port 2096, doesn't show ssl certificate warning. Cons: Uses some of your account's 500 MB to host your own copy of horde, takes some work to setup because you have to install horde webmail.

EDIT:

Actually, according to http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL it looks like horde requires root access and compiling binaries to install. I was pretty sure horde was like the rest of the webmail's I've seen where it's a simple php installation. In that case I wold recommend roundcube or squirrelmail which can both be installed with softaculous if you want to use the second option listed above.