[Solved] Outgoing Mail Server

Guest Tallus

Guest Tallus

I am not able to send emails through the outgoing mail server.

I am using SMTP on Stevie

All settings are correct - user name, password, server setting is mail.mydomain.com, port 25, SMTP requires authentification

It has been over 2 days since the site was set up

POP3 incoming server works fine

SMTP on Stevie is working fine for me. Have you tried using the SSL settings on port 465 and url stevie.heliohost.org instead of port 25 and mail.yourdomain.com? If it's still not working for you you could provide your username and domain so we can take a look specifically at your account and your settings.

Guest Tallus

When using the regular SMTP my email program outlook cannot find the server

When using the SSL settings, the email program finds the server but then indicates there is no response from the server

My username is tallus and the domain is www.holisticebook.com

I've never used outlook, but every email client I've ever used has worked just fine with my stevie account. I don't see anything wrong with your account's email or email accounts. Maybe this link will help you http://www.likoma.com/setting-up-email-using-cpanel-and-outlook/

I know one thing to keep in mind is that our SSL certificates are self-signed so sometimes browsers and email clients have issues with that. Self-signed certificates offer the same level of encryption, and as long as you trust the people running the server that is using the certificate it's the same thing; it's just free instead of having to give boatloads of money to some certificate signing company and the only real benefit is that the warning message will be gone. A lot of browsers and email clients will pop up an error the first time you try to use a self-signed certificate to connect securely saying something along the lines of "this could be bad..." Perhaps your email client is set up to just refuse these types of connections without even giving you a chance, but that doesn't explain why the non-ssl connection doesn't work for you either.