Problem With Login Page

That looks like a user or permission issue.

Did you create an SQL user called gadgetboy? Did you add that user to the database you are using for the login system? Is the password correct for that user in the php script?

You need a database user. It sounds like you're confusing database users with the user accounts that people will create through your website. They are entirely different.

I can't tell if you did this or not so try this: Visit http://ix-c.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/index.html (log in with your cpanel username and password). Create a user on that screen called gadgetboy if it doesn't already exist. Then add the gadgetboy user to the database using the form at the bottom of that screen.

Make sure the password for the user you create there matches the one in the PHP file.

If you did this already and are still seeing the error, something might just be wrong with that registration system.

is this code is correct?

{{{{{<?PHP

require_once("./include/fg_membersite.php");

$fgmembersite = new FGMembersite();

//Provide your site name here

$fgmembersite->SetWebsiteName('ix-c.heliohost.org');

//Provide the email address where you want to get notifications

$fgmembersite->SetAdminEmail('zigzag@ix-c.heliohost.org');

//Provide your database login details here:

//hostname, user name, password, database name and table name

//note that the script will create the table (for example, fgusers in this case)

//by itself on submitting register.php for the first time

$fgmembersite->InitDB(/*hostname*/'ix-c.heliohost.org',

/*username*/'gagetboy',

/*password*/'**************',

/*database name*/'gagetboy_ix-c',

/*table name*/'fgusers3');

?>}}}}}}}}}}}

Assuming that there's a DB called gadgetboy_ix-c and an SQL user added to it called gadgetboy, then yes.

I looked at the code for that reg system last night...it's not you I don't think. The registration system isn't the best out there...it took me an hour to get it working, and then I managed to break it easily. I didn't bother testing it, but a quick look reveals a lack of protection against a variety of attacks as well (not sure how secure you need this to be).

I'd go find a different registration system rather than try to get this one working...

One quick thing I notice is you're using a bad username, a database user will also take the form <accountuser>_<dbuser>. Also if you're running the script on our servers you need to use localhost for the hostname, otherwise it should be fine.

One quick thing I notice is you're using a bad username, a database user will also take the form _. Also if you're running the script on our servers you need to use localhost for the hostname, otherwise it should be fine.

Totally missed the username here. If you make a DB user called ix-c and your HH account is gagetboy, it will look like "gagetboy_ix-c". The password will be the DB user's password, not your Heliohost password.

The hostname...I didn't even pay attention to it since his original error showed "gagetboy@localhost". Oops.

thanks but which would be the best login and registration system? :)/>

Honestly, I can't recommend one since I ended up making my own. I faced a similar issue back when I developed my site. I started with a very basic (as in, so basic it was 3 files, and like 4 functions) system from the net for a framework and coded a bunch of things to fix the major security issues.

If you do what Shinryuu suggests and fix host and username, it should work. You can get away with using this one as long as you don't use it to protect anything that's very sensitive.