[Inactive] Virus In Website Files.

jbirdweb

I have www.j-birdweb.com hosted on Stevie When I went to check my e-mail it showed my e-mail inbox as empty. So I went to see if my site was still up. My antivirus came back and told me the site load was stopped due to an infection with the js exploit virus. I have not uploaded any files to my site in months and I am curious as to the nature of this problem. Do I need to re install all of my files? or is this something that is server wide and is being dealt with. I need my E-mails for business purposes and hope this can be resolved soon my username is jbirdweb.

Edited by Ice IT Support
Removed password.

First, it is never a good idea to post passwords anywhere. Passwords are secret and something only you should know. My guess is someone accessed your account (which wouldn't be hard to do if you are posting your password everywhere). So, please change your password. Yes, you will need to upload your files and restore any backups you may have. Please keep in mind HelioHost does not keep backups. Unless you have backed up your emails, there isn't a recovery option for those.

Thank you for your quick response. I have changed my password. Now my mail box does not seem to be working as I cannot send an e-mail. I was attempting to test my mailbox and my message bounced back with a send error. Could you please see if my mailbox ix OK. Thanks Jerry Sparrow