Server Error In '/' Application - Asp.net Website Works Locally But Not When Published

MrProsser

I have been developing an application making use of the Subgirum Google Maps wrapper for ASP.NET. This application works when I test it on my local system but when I deploy it I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.
Stack Trace:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScript (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& scriptList, System.Web.UI.Control control, System.Type type, System.String key, System.String script, System.String url, Boolean addScriptTag, RegisteredScriptType scriptType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptInclude (System.Web.UI.Control control, System.Type type, System.String key, System.String url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
 at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

I am pretty new to this so this has me pretty stymied, I really have no idea where to start when it comes to tracking down this error. Does this error suggest anything in particular or is it too generic to be of use?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having the same problem. At first, in the error log in cpanel it was showing that it was missing 404.shtml and robots.txt

I made one of each (robots.txt is blank though...not sure if this matters..) and I still get that error message as well. Been trying to fix this for months, and I'm really frustrated...