PS3 vs Wii vs 360

Best next-gen console?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say the Xbox 360. Cheaper than a PS3 plus more features, and better interactivity than the wii regardless of the controller.

I have to say that the wii is NOT that good. Reason being?

-Not too many great games. Some may disagree, but there are only a few

-The wiimote is not as good as I thought it would be. Maybe once the games use it more efficiently it will be good

-The interface(menu) is only worse than just using a plain computer in the first place

PS3.

Linux ftw (Not limited to specific PS3 kernels).

Motion detected controller

BD-Roms

I've heard of someone half blinding someone while accidentally hitting her with a Wii controller. :S

360 isn't very backwards-compatible.

PS3.

Linux ftw (Not limited to specific PS3 kernels).

Motion detected controller

BD-Roms

I've heard of someone half blinding someone while accidentally hitting her with a Wii controller. :S

360 isn't very backwards-compatible.

No GPU access in Linux. Programming multi-core is 'hell + 1'.

The people that let go of their wiimotes are morons.

Neither are the PAL PS3s.

XBox 360's Linux is really going to be the best.

I own both a PS3 and a Wii, and I believe Wii is the better console. It has motion sensing control, and in the nunchuck too, which can be really fun at parties, or even just when you're playing by yourself. The PS3 only has tilt control, in six directions, which feels like it's been slapped on at the last second.

The Wii graphics aren't PS1 level, which some say they are, but sometimes the games feel rushed, like Call of Duty 3. But if you look at a game such as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or Medal of Honor: Vanguard, the graphics look really nice. The Virtual Console is also getting many great games now, such as Kirby, Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda, and much more. A lot is still possible for the Wii, such as a Mii popularity channel, or a Wii instant messanging channel. The Wii online play has been confirmed to launch on July 15th, and I'm sure it will be fun. Some of the people here that are saying the Wii sucks have no idea what they're talking about. Wiimotes and all that stuff are way more easier to find now, you can find them hanging at Targets everywhere. The Wii itself is also getting easier to find. In my opinion, the Wii, at $250, is way more fun than the Playstation 3, at $600, honestly, who buys the basic model? For the price of the premium, you could get an 360 core and a Wii, or two Wiis, or two 360 cores. Wii60 FTW!

EDIT: And the people who are afraid that the Wiimote may damage electronics, or injure people can rest. The wrist straps are now reinforced, and it's very, very hard to make it snap. Anyways, like Kyougi said, the people who let their Wiimotes go are morons.

Without a doubt, Wii. I've had mine since the day it came out and it's amazing. Sure it doesn't have the greatest graphics, but I personally don't like graphics that are to realistic. Video Games are good because they arn't really. I'd have to put the Xbox 360 in second place due to Gears of War and Halo.

The controller is surprisingly light. When I first started thinking about the controller, it did seem uncomfortable to use. It is actually really nice. The B button on the back is easy to hit and the Nun-chuck gives you all the extra buttoms not on the main remote. It really isn't tireing holding two remotes, since their so light.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the Wii.

The Graphics, WHO CARES!

It's the gaming experience that truly matters.

I'd say graphics are part of the gaming experience. With the PS3 and 360, you get the traditional controller. The Wii, while you get an experience, it's a different experience, and some people just don't like that.

Well, it's the 360. If only Wii had a larger selection of games (like FPS and more mature rated games) it would be ever more popular than it is now. Only the system with appealing games will survive, particularly one that appeals to the FPS crowd, I mean games like Halo and God of War.

• 2 weeks later...