PS3 vs Wii vs 360

Best next-gen console?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would go for the wii because it is quite cheap and has quite nice features as well. I would have chosen the playstation 3 but it is too expensive and it came out so late so they are only a few games out for the ps3. Within some time it the price will probably go down and more games will come out. Then I would buy the ps3.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how is Wii winning this? Its not even next-gen... maybe alternative gen.. but deffinately not next-gen. its graphics are like in the middle of ps1 and ps2. and it gets boring really quick.

Seriously. How long can you play Wii tennis?

how is Wii winning this? Its not even next-gen... maybe alternative gen.. but deffinately not next-gen. its graphics are like in the middle of ps1 and ps2. and it gets boring really quick.

Seriously. How long can you play Wii tennis?

It's graphics capabilities are closer to the XBox. The graphics that current games have for the Wii match up to the GameCube's graphics. The GameCube was more powerful than the PS2. Inaccuracies such as this only augment your status of fanboydom. It's obvious you make these claims based on Wii Sports. How about I make a baseless fact that the PS3's graphical abilities only matches the XBox 360's from comparing the ports of games such as Call of Duty 3 and Armored Core 4 to each other?

It's also obvious that you run with the generation of people that believe the only thing that "advances" a system should be graphics and that the system's power determines what generation the system is in. Thankfully, I was one of the few born after the Atari generation of gaming that was able to escape from this ideology. Graphics aren't the world.

The longest I've played it is roughly five hours with ten other people. Seriously. Bet you haven't even sat down and actually played the Wii with some friends, bigot.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend the wii because it has rocked the charts and the grapics are not too bad but it keeps you active and so you dont get board

But i would also recommend the Xbox 360 because of its grapics and xbox live which you can chat to people to.And talk.

why do you double post all the time?

Yeah, the GameCube was more powerful. But the ps2 had way better games and graphics imo.

Yeah i have played with friends. He brought it over when a few others came over and we played for a while.. They match to gamecube? Well thats no advancement. Well graphics are pretty important to games.. and so is gameplay.

Actual GameCube games looked better. PS2 games were just full of CGI movies.

Graphics aren't important. Take Nethack for example, an ASCII game from the olden days that's still popular today. Where are the graphics in that? My character is an "@" and it moves around, yey. Graphics are only "important" because dumb-[bleeped!] kids make it that way.

• 3 weeks later...

How can because thats lying because Halo 3 doesn't come out until the 25th of september.

Either you not telling the truth or im going mental(lol)

Anyways Kyougi i think graphics are important.Because say if your playing fifa 07 and you dont have good graphics you cant tell which players which.Which is not a good thing.So the main thing is that you need graphics which are reasonalble not really really good.

Anyways Kyougi i think graphics are important.Because say if your playing fifa 07 and you dont have good graphics you cant tell which players which.Which is not a good thing.So the main thing is that you need graphics which are reasonalble not really really good.

You don't need good graphics to tell which is which. I could have black boxes for my team and red boxes for the other team and I can tell between them just fine. As long as there's a discernable jersey difference, there's no need for it.

The main reasons why people argue why their console is better is because they fear it isn't. All these next gen consoles are all great and if I had the choice, it would be very difficult picking. However, I chose the Wii because I'm a bit of a die-hard Nintendo fan. Though if there's nothing to do but Halo on the Xbox or GT3 on the PS2, I would gladly take the opportunity.

Now, the main reasons why people argue that the Nintendo Wii sucks:

1) They're scared of the fact that the Wii is a better consoles than theirs. (In more cases, the Playstation fans than the Microsoft fans.)

2) They think it's for fat people.

3) They hate Nintendo.

3) I can't really change, but the 1) and 2) reasons can. Okay, number 1: Wii isn't all about graphics. It's about family fun, bringing the good old days of the whole family playing something. Seriously, nothing brings the family closer than the whole family doing something together. With the rush of society, it has changed from 2 minute meals and computers rather than sitting down and enjoying a movie or playing monopoly or cards.

Number 2: Nintendo dared use different strategies. I mean, Xbox 360 and PS3- ENHANCED GRAPHICS. That's about it. Features? Xbox 360 has live play, PS3 can play back Blueray. But that's it. Wii, you can download old games from the past, try out some new stuff and their games... it's breathtaking to see the companies different approaches to the Wii remote and its usability.

Sweetness, someone here gets it.

Nintendo has brought a new style of control every generation, minus the GC (analog shoulder buttons were done by Sega first, you might count integrated rumble pack), and the Wii is no exception. The NES introduced the D-Pad, SNES introduced shoulder buttons, N64 introduced the analog stick and rumble pack, and now the Wii has motion sensitive controls. It's just their trend. The Wii's graphics might be last generation, but so was the NES's graphics. The NES had 8-bit graphics while the Genesis sported 16-bit and 32-bit with the 32x.

The PS3 doesn't have a good title to it yet, but the XBox 360 has some nice ones. In the RPG category, it has Blue Dragon and Lost Colony (which were created by the man who created the Final Fantasy series).