[Solved] Error With Addon Domain

mariusm98

I am trying to add the domain

felipeladrao.com.br

and get the message

"Error from park wrapper: Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

I have pointed to heliohost dns at the registrar:

DNS NS1.HELIOHOST.ORG

DNS NS2.HELIOHOST.ORG

The registrar informs that their message simply means that "the indicated DNS server is not configurated for the domain". I.e. Heliohost is not configurated for felipeladrao.com.br

Which sounds reasonable, since I have not succeeded in adding it as an addon domain.

Does the problem not lie with Heliohost?

Who is your registrar? I'd guess registro.br or a company with a similar backwards policy that requires Heliohost be configured first. We normally require that the registrar be configured first.

Try setting your account's main domain to your domain (felipeladrao.com.br) using this script: http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain After that, wait several hours (up to 24 may be needed), then try to set your name servers at your registrar.

My registrar is indeed registro.br

I have used them before with Heliohost DNS and had different issues, but never this kind of error message from Heliohost.

I have followed you advice and changed my main domain. Let's see what happens.

By the way, I am a bit surprised that this thread has been tagged as "solved". I would't consider it so myself, until I actually manage to add this addon domain.

We've seen this same thing with registro.br many times, and what wolstech described is the way many other people have solved their issue. Also most people when their issue is resolved never bother to let us know. When an issue is flagged as solved it simply means to the Heliohost staff that there is nothing we can currently do on this thread to help. We're just waiting. If you come back and let us know that it still isn't working then the [solved] flag can easily be removed and we can help you some more. If no one posts on a [solved] thread for over 48 hours it's assumed that everything is working, because like I said people rarely come back to let us know that it was a success, and the thread is closed.

Now I got a message from registro.br that the domain is successfully registered. Trying to add it as as an addon domain on Heliohost gives a more straightforward error message:

Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!

Does this mean I should reverse my main domain, which I changed as per Wolstech's advice above?

I am changing it to mariusm98.heliohost.org

Since it's now your main domain, it's already attached to your account. You don't need to add it as an add-on domain.

If you see a queued page on your domain, wait until it goes away before you do anything else. After the queued page goes away, you should see whatever is in public_html. Once it is working, if you want to change your main domain back and re-add it as an add-on domain, you can do so, but it's not required.