[Answered] How To Activate Ssl

xehroz

Hi Everyone!

I just created an account using the 4th option on the signup page on heliohost.org on server JOHNNY wondering that i would be able to activate SSL but when i tried to look an Activate SSL option i was not able to find any thing. SSL manager allows generation of CSR and UPLOADING of Certificates but it has NO OPTION to Activate SSL/TLS. Now that is the problem plz help me

Please be noted that i don't need dedicated ip i just need that SSL would be activated. i will use ssl on shared ip

Dear i am using one of other cpanel hosting services, they also offer TLS/SSL and they don't need dedicated IP. They just need a valid certificate duly signed by a valid and know Certificate authority. checkout prohostDOTus or prohostDOTpro and then reply me.

Yes you do need a dedicated ip for SSL.

It's possible to do a SSL on a shared IP, but the cost is generally quite a bit higher for you. Using comodo for these prices:

If you buy a dedicated IP:

$12 for IP

$65 for SSL certifcate

---

$77 total

If you buy a SSL certificate that will work on a shared IP:

$0 for shared IP

$335 for SSL certificate

----

$335 total

So, in essence buying the dedicated IP from us saves you $258 per year...

Don't Worry that is my problem just activate ssl

It's possible to do a SSL on a shared IP, but the cost is generally quite a bit higher for you. Using comodo for these prices: If you buy a dedicated IP:
$12 for IP $65 for SSL certifcate --- $77 total
If you buy a SSL certificate that will work on a shared IP:
$0 for shared IP $335 for SSL certificate ---- $335 total
So, in essence buying the dedicated IP from us saves you $258 per year...

I have arranged for SSL Certificate and if SSL service is activated on the web server, then , that certificate will 100% validate the identity of site. i just need that apache or what ever http server is running it just allow me to access the site throught https://