• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viruses

Infections

Spyware

Troyans

Adware

:)

Ill still rather stick to XP, im used to it and it has everything i need. (who needs 3d desktop?)

None of those exist for Vista mainstream, yet. However, there are plenty of them for XP and lower.

Aero is not the only addition to Vista, neither is it the most important.

Ok, then please tell me how would me Vista be more useful than XP for me, a simple webmaster who enjoys having a 2d desktop? As I have tools i need and i don't have any problems with my computers since my antivirus is trustworthy. Also there are everything in my list for Vista, and it wasn't meant too seriously. Yes there are more viruses etc. for XP but its nothing if you can avoid them.

Ok, then please tell me how would me Vista be more useful than XP for me, a simple webmaster who enjoys having a 2d desktop? As I have tools i need and i don't have any problems with my computers since my antivirus is trustworthy. Also there are everything in my list for Vista, and it wasn't meant too seriously. Yes there are more viruses etc. for XP but its nothing if you can avoid them.

Aero can be turned off. Aero only kicks in when you're switching desktops and fancy transparency, glass, or other effects.

Now, as for reasons to switch. It doesn't matter if you are careful, blah blah. It's easier if you just switch. You don't need an AV clogging up your system resources and cautiousness taking up your time.

Haven't used Vista yet but have heard stories that it consumes alot of memory and space and lacks in security areas. -_-

Haven't used Vista yet but have heard stories that it consumes alot of memory and space and lacks in security areas. -_-

The company that i do part time work for has a small tech support division and our 1 tech says that it does consume memory... space not so much, but it is rec. to have at least 2 gigs of ram

Yeah, Vista has a lot of bloat to it.

orly? Link me to some stories about "lacking in security" with the official release please.

I wish i had 1024mb of ram... (512 here) so no VISTA for me anyway, also as for the XP viruses stuff: I have a very good anti-virus (no advertising :rolleyes: ) so I am safe anyway no matter if i use Vista or XP.

Me: I am careful at internet with my XP anyway.

He: With Vista you don't have to be careful.

Yeah every website every download, everything is safe since you have teh 1337 Vista.

To enjoy using Microsoft Vista, following recommendations are to be followed:

1) 1024mb ram

2) Core 2 Duo processer

3) 256mb 128bit graphic card

4) 120gb hard disk. -_-