[Solved] Unable To Register Subdomain, And Other Wierd Issues.

clovisd

Good Morning (or evening, depending on where you are),

I have a few problems,

1. On my cpanel, I am trying to create a subdomain called:

mail.clovisd.com or mail.clovisd.heliohost.org

However, everytime I attempt this, it spits out this error:

also, when trying to access mail.clovisd.com, I get forwarded to my old host, website is coming soon page.

2. I have correctly added my domain name: clovisd.com as a parked domain, with the nameservers pointed at:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

50% of the time, when trying to acces clovisd.com, I get forwarded to my old host's suspended page.

25% of the time, I am forwarded to an error page: Internal Server error

25%: of the time, I get sent to Account Queued Heliohost.net page.

3. This brings me onto my next point, I created my account over 28 hours ago and it is still in que? This doesn't add up with what the que script tells me (it says my account is already activated and working).

4. I have created subdomains, such as proxy.clovisd.com and these already have webfiles in them, however, everytime I try and visit it, I get this error:

However, checking the error logs doesn't tell me much. Just:

I have both flushed my DNS and cleared my browser cache and still get all of these issues. It may just be because I need to wait longer, or it may because all my stuff is crazy jumbled.

Other than that,

I am really pleased with what I have seen so far.

Cheers,

Clovis

On my cpanel, I am trying to create a subdomain called:
mail.clovisd.com or mail.clovisd.heliohost.org

The mail subdomain is used for IMAP and SMTP so you cannot use that one.

also, when trying to access mail.clovisd.com, I get forwarded to my old host, website is coming soon page

It takes some time (usually about 24 hours) before all nameservers will be updated, that's why you will be forwarded to your old website.

50% of the time, when trying to acces clovisd.com, I get forwarded to my old host's suspended page. 25% of the time, I am forwarded to an error page: Internal Server error 25%: of the time, I get sent to Account Queued Heliohost.net page.

Same reason as the one before.

3. This brings me onto my next point, I created my account over 28 hours ago and it is still in que? This doesn't add up with what the que script tells me (it says my account is already activated and working).

If the server is quite busy, it may take more than 24 hours before your domain will be processed. I don't know why it says it is already activated and working though (I also experienced that before), probably it is already processed and waiting for the nameservers to be fully updated.

4. I have created subdomains, such as proxy.clovisd.com and these already have webfiles in them, however, everytime I try and visit it, I get this error:

I tried visiting that page and what I got is an empty page. Do you have an .htaccess file in there? Try renaming it if there's one.

And this thread seems related: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/17225-answered-500-internal-server-error

So, at the time of posting this, the name servers had been changed since at least 24 hours, most probably, around 26 hours. However, this has been solved.

Other than that, the errors keep coming up, especially, the "Internal Server error". I have checked the server load and usage, and at those times, everything was normal. This error happens everytime it tries to load a .php page. Single HTML files do not create any errors. I very highly doubt it is an issue with the php code since it works properly when run from other web servers. Additionally, I tried running running popular php scripts and those also caused "Internal error". Anything I try running which isn't HTML causes these errors.

There is also an .htaccess file.

I tried installing wordpress and that's not working either, probably because of the php.

I'm blaming php for all of this, but I may be completely wrong, this could just be related to something else, just basing my itheory on what I have been able to observe.

Thanks,

Clovis

500 errors can be caused by a lot of things. The most common are

• Exceeding Process Limit The solution is to not run as many processes. Opening cpanel, connecting to FTP, checking mail, connecting to webdisk, etc all increase your process count, and if you exceed your limit php will show 500 errors since it cannot start a new php process. This sometimes affects only the webmaster since opening cPanel and FTP etc is common when you're editing your site, but normal users won't have these errors since they will only be accessing your website not all the other services. The process limit is higher on Johnny so for some websites the solution to 500 errors might be to switch servers.
  • Syntax Error in .htaccess If you have a syntax error in one of your .htaccess files it can cause a 500 error. The easiest way to check if this is the case is to delete or rename your .htaccess files and see if the 500 error goes away.
  • Incorrect Permissions If the script or the directory that the script is in doesn't have the correct permissions it can cause 500 errors too. If you're running a php script the file permission should be 644. If you're running a cgi script it should have 755 permissions. Your directories should have 755 or 750 permissions.
  • Exceeding Time Limit If your script exceeds the time limit it can be killed by the system which will also result in a 500 error. The solution to this problem is to break your long executing scripts into multiple faster scripts that can call each other. For instance longscript.php always results in a 500 error because it exceeds the time limit, but if script1.php runs for a short time, and then calls script2.php which calls script3.php they can together execute the same code as longscript.php without exceeding the time limit and being killed.
  • High Server Load If the server is currently experiencing high server load scripts can return a 500 error when they would normally work. This is more common on Johnny than Stevie since Johnny is more unstable, and accounts that cause high load on Stevie are suspended. There isn't really anything that can be done about high load 500 errors other than trying again later when the load is lower.

1. When on the server, I usually only have Cpanel, ftp, and the website open. Don't use webdisk's, email, or any of that. Occasionally, I have phpmyadmin/mysql open but not for long.

2. Must Check. Edit: this is my htaccess file:

<Files ~ "^\.(htaccess|htpasswd)$">
deny from all
</Files>
Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.xhtml index.shtml    
order deny,allow

3. Permissions are set at 644, correct for php.

4. No idea, but all scripts arnt working, so don't think it's because of that.

5. Tried at multiple times, each time, got the error.

You said it yourself.

[*]Exceeding Process Limit The solution is to not run as many processes. Opening cpanel, connecting to FTP, checking mail, connecting to webdisk, etc all increase your process count, and if you exceed your limit php will show 500 errors since it cannot start a new php process. This sometimes affects only the webmaster since opening cPanel and FTP etc is common when you're editing your site, but normal users won't have these errors since they will only be accessing your website not all the other services. The process limit is higher on Johnny so for some websites the solution to 500 errors might be to switch servers.

clovisd 5309 0.0 0.0 10580 852 ? S 06:17 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur
clovisd 7830 0.0 0.0 12668 948 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97
clovisd 7874 0.0 0.0 12668 944 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur
clovisd 7963 0.0 0.0 10580 852 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97
clovisd 8017 0.0 0.0 10580 768 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97
clovisd 18151 0.0 0.0 10580 856 ? S 10:42 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur

Close some of your mail clients and you'll probably see a lot less 500 errors on php.

Issue Resolved. Thanks to @Krydos_ on IRC, turns out it was the IMAP process for Mac that where causing all the issues. Turns out the Mac mail app is connected using 4 connections (=4 process) per account. That just kills the processes allowed. Thanks for the help guys!

You said it yourself.
[*]Exceeding Process Limit The solution is to not run as many processes. Opening cpanel, connecting to FTP, checking mail, connecting to webdisk, etc all increase your process count, and if you exceed your limit php will show 500 errors since it cannot start a new php process. This sometimes affects only the webmaster since opening cPanel and FTP etc is common when you're editing your site, but normal users won't have these errors since they will only be accessing your website not all the other services. The process limit is higher on Johnny so for some websites the solution to 500 errors might be to switch servers.
 clovisd 5309 0.0 0.0 10580 852 ? S 06:17 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur clovisd 7830 0.0 0.0 12668 948 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97 clovisd 7874 0.0 0.0 12668 944 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur clovisd 7963 0.0 0.0 10580 852 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97 clovisd 8017 0.0 0.0 10580 768 ? S 05:37 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timury97 clovisd 18151 0.0 0.0 10580 856 ? S 10:42 0:00 /usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/imapd /home1/clovisd/mail/clovisd.com/timur 

Close some of your mail clients and you'll probably see a lot less 500 errors on php.

Yes, turn's out it was because of Mac's Mail client. Figured it out, from the time I saw it on IRC, to the time it took me to locate the problem and fix it, you posted here. Thanks a lot for the help.

However, for next time, is their a way for me to see those logs/actions so I can troubleshoot myself or?