[Answered] 404 Error.. Please Help.

algby

all of a sudden now I'm getting a 404 error. can't seem to figure it out strange errors I'm facing these days.. sometime related to MX records sometime its with receiving email.. & now the biggie 404 I'm not able to access cgi-bin as well haven't modified as .htacess. WHAT?

AFAIK I've configured my DNS the right way. I've set the NS to ns1.heliohost.org & ns2.heliohost.org & set the A record to 216.218.192.170 in my cPanel of Domain registrar.

Can someone please help me figure it out why I'm getting 404 or how can I fix it.

details:

framework : WordPress

domain : algby.com

When did you set up your NS records? It usually takes 24 hours before all nameservers are fully updated, so when a wrong entry is returned, you'll get a 404 error. I got those problems too when I moved one of my sites to a different host.

I could view your website though, and I don't get 404 Errors. Did you already tried clearing your cache?

As for email, they are the same as yesterday, still has the old values.

By the way, when I setup my own domain, I only have to set the DNS records and nothing else, because the other ones will be added by HelioHost. They could be accessed in the cPanel too (Domains > DNS Zone Editor).

thank you guys for your inputs, it seemed that the problem was with the browser.. thanks to @kyoushuu for mentioning that he was able to access it from his PC. I tried clearing cache, but didn't help, then I accessed the site from a different PC & didn't get the 404 error .. all's good & fine here.

Thanks for your support. :D/&--#62; cheers!!!.

I get 404 on all pages/links

I'm still seeing http://algby.com/ fine. You didn't really answer my question. Do you mean that all links to algby.com result in a 404 error for you? Does the homepage load, and then if you click any link it gives you a 404? Does the links that give you a 404 error always give you a 404 or do they sometimes work?

You didn't really answer my question. Do you mean that all links to algby.com result in a 404 error for you? Does the homepage load, and then if you click any link it gives you a 404? Does the links that give you a 404 error always give you a 404 or do they sometimes work?

yeah, homepage & all links to algby.com returned 404.

I'm still seeing http://algby.com/ fine.

all seems good now... the eerrorr seemed most likely to be a DNS misconfiguration of A records in my domain registrar's cPanel. I re updated it which seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for your support.