[Inactive] Port Forwarding?

ptwisp

Hello, HelioHost forums!

I had a small question for you guys.

Would it be possible to forward the port 27015 for UDP incoming and TCP outgoing?

I need this for an online bans module that I use for my GMod server.

Is this possible? If so, would it be a hassle to do?

Thanks,

-Princess Twilight Sparkle

UPDATE: Found a little testing script, confirmed my suspicions of blocked ports.

Output:

[+] SourceBans "Error Connecting()" Debug starting for server (IP I'm trying to read from):27015

[+] Trying to establish UDP connection

[+] UDP connection successfull!

[+] Trying to write to the socket

[+] Successfully requested server info. (That doesn't mean anything on an UDP stream.) Reading...

[-] Error getting server info. Can't read from UDP stream. Port is possibly blocked.

[+] Trying to establish TCP connection

[-] Error connecting #110: Connection timed out

Most ports other than the ones used for the services we offer are blocked.

Incoming ports are usually not opened for anyone (I've never seen a request for it be approved, I know several have asked). The outgoing port...possibly, but an admin must make that decision, and you need a good reason for it.

Most ports other than the ones used for the services we offer are blocked. Incoming ports are usually not opened for anyone (I've never seen a request for it be approved, I know several have asked). The outgoing port...possibly, but an admin must make that decision, and you need a good reason for it.

I see...

Well, that sucks...

._.

Is it possible to change the port 27015 to something else? Perhaps in a configuration file or settings?

I'm actually not sure... I'm pretty sure I can ask my query port to be changed via my GSP, but I'm not sure if they'll allow that...

I'll check and see.

In the meantime, are outbound ports still OK to be opened? I'm pretty sure that one HAS to be 27015, but again I'm not sure.