What Does This Warning Mean?

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in/home/hooper/public_html/2lisanet.com/emporium/includes/modules/boxes/az/az_slider.phpon line 83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean? How do I fix it?

It means that whatever got passed into mysql_fetch_array() wasn't the result of a mysql_query() call. Odds are the SQL query failed, and the script just lacks error checking to catch the failures.

If it just randomly appeared and was working before, I wouldn't be surprised if mysql was just bogged down, and I'd wait to see if it goes away on its own. You are on Johnny, so such things are rather prone to happening.

If you wrote this script, you need to check the code. The input of mysql_fetch_array() is supposed to be the resource returned by a mysql_query(). You get this error if you put anything else into it (including a failed mysql_query(), which returns false).

Also, where are you seeing this? Your website looks fine.

My site looks fine because I haven't uploaded any pages yet except the index. I have just installed a template on my os Commerce store. Go to 2lisanet.com/emporium to see this.

Also, I don't know PHP so I did not understand your answer anymore than I understood the warning line. Can you fix this for me?

The simple answer is that the error means the php script tried to get data out of a database, and failed trying to do so.

That file specifically appears to be part of the image slideshow on that website. If I had to guess, the template you used is installed incorrectly or is just broken.

I don't know anything about oscommerce or its templates. What I can say is that the issue is not a server problem, but an issue with the software installed on your account.

I'll move this to Website Management and Coding, which is for this sort of issue. Perhaps someone else here knows more about oscommerce. If not, I'd recommend finding another template, or (if its possible) just disabling the image slideshow on that page.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in/home/hooper/public_html/2lisanet.com/emporium/includes/modules/boxes/az/az_slider.phpon line 83

When I installed a template I got this error message on the store front. How do I make it go away? Is it a false reference to the pictures that come with the OsC installation?