[Solved] Transfer Of Dedicated Ip Address

GroovyCarrot

I did email Krydos on the private message thread we had back in 2012 when I paid for this, just thought I would post here to check it was going to the right staff

I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose I could still have that dedicated IP from way back, 66.220.18.186?

Basically when I bought that it was for a record label that wanted to make secure purchases through their website, but the business fell through before the website even went up so I had the account deleted, anyway now I'm developing my own API and actually need a secure line for it so if I could have that IP address off you since if not in use?

The account I use now is groovyca on Stevie, thanks for any help you can offer

66.220.18.186 used to be on an account called jlbrec, just let me know if it is possible, thank you

That IP address is actually still in use by the account jlbrec which is inactive, but has not yet been deleted from our systems. If you would like to reactivate the account and regain access to your dedicated IP you may use this link http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/renew

Sorry for the change in policy, but I no longer check my PMs unless someone specifically mentions that they sent me one on these forums. We find it's best to provide support in a publicly visible way so future users who might have a similar issue can find answers without even having to create a new thread in most cases.

Also keep in mind that each user is only allowed to have one account so once you reactivate your old account and have two active accounts there is the possibility that your accounts could be suspended. The solution is to backup and delete everything from your current account and move it to your old account with the dedicated IP. Once you have everything backed up from your new account you may use http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/delete to delete any active accounts in excess of one that you may have.

Well the one I have active at the moment it is pretty important that it says active so that it can issue codes for mobile devices running a piece of software I've put together recently, I have been aware of the one account per user policy - to be honest I thought I had deleted the old account but I guess it must have just become inactive, it has been a good 2 years since I was working on it and I never really considered the old account my own.

If I request that the dedicated IP be transfered once I've deleted the account, is that possible - I just can't really afford to have any downtime time on my account as you can understand, thanks for replying - I figured you wouldn't be too bothered to look at the PM system on these forums :)