[Solved] Re: Ip Address And Forced Https

lisanet

This message is for Krydos. Sorry I took long to answer. When I went to the original topics they were locked. As far as the instructions you gave me goes about forcing https, well, you know how I get freaked out about PHP. I can't do it and it gives me hot flashes just to think about it. Still, if you tell me I can just cut and paste what you wrote, that would be fine. But where? I only ever set hta access (and what is hta?) on the OsCommerce store and you did that for me. I just don't have a clue here.

Also, about my other account and IP address well, the account was closed with no way to reactivate it. Since I have the ded. IP address I don't want to lose that. I was thinking of moving another domain or something. I want to get back the original domain but that will take some time. Can I get the IP address back again when I'm ready? And does the IP address cover all the domains in an account or just the domain it's assigned to?

This message is for Krydos. Sorry I took long to answer. When I went to the original topics they were locked. As far as the instructions you gave me goes about forcing https, well, you know how I get freaked out about PHP. I can't do it and it gives me hot flashes just to think about it. Still, if you tell me I can just cut and paste what you wrote, that would be fine. But where? I only ever set hta access (and what is hta?) on the OsCommerce store and you did that for me. I just don't have a clue here.

Also, about is other account and IP address well, the account was closed with no way to reactivate it. Since I have the ded. IP address I don't want to lose that. I was thinking of moving another domain or something. I want to get back the original domain but that will take some time. Can I get the IP address back again when I'm ready? And does the IP address cover all the domains in an account or just the domain it's assigned to?

When I went to the original topics they were locked.

Solved topics are automatically closed after about 48 hours. Unsolved topics in customer service are closed after about 7 days of inactivity. Questions are never closed.

As far as the instructions you gave me goes about forcing https, well, you know how I get freaked out about PHP. I can't do it and it gives me hot flashes just to think about it. Still, if you tell me I can just cut and paste what you wrote, that would be fine. But where? I only ever set hta access (and what is hta?) on the OsCommerce store and you did that for me. I just don't have a clue here.

Just open /home/hooper/public_html/.htaccess and copy/paste in the code. You can backup the file first to save your working copy as something like .htaccess.old so you can restore it if it doesn't work the way you want. Worst case scenario with editing .htaccess files is you get a syntax error and your site shows a 500 error.

Also, about my other account and IP address well, the account was closed with no way to reactivate it. Since I have the ded. IP address I don't want to lose that.

The reason the account was deleted was because you never logged into it. When you lost that domain and you asked me about it I told you to log into the account by visiting http://heliohost.org/ and logging into cpanel at least once every 30 days. Since you failed to do that the system flagged the account as inactive and sent you an email letting you know, and after several months of inactivity the oldest inactive account are deleted to make room for active accounts. You could have kept the account active without a functional domain forever if you had followed my instructions.

I was thinking of moving another domain or something. I want to get back the original domain but that will take some time. Can I get the IP address back again when I'm ready?

Sure.

And does the IP address cover all the domains in an account or just the domain it's assigned to?

The dedicated IP address covers all the domains on that account. Your SSL certificate may not cover all the domains though. If your purchase a more expensive certificate, like a wildcard certificate, you can have SSL on all of your subdomains like store.lisanet.com, forum.lisanet.com, blog.lisanet.com, images.lisanet.com, etc. The standard (least expensive) certificates only cover one domain regardless of how many domains happen to be hosted on that IP address. That's the reason I originally set you up with two accounts because you wanted to have SSL on two unrelated domain names so you needed two accounts each with their own unique IP address.

Hi. Thanks for answering again. I really am sorry to have let that account go like that but at times things got overwhelming for me, in part because I was sick. For a while there you name it and I was dealing with it, death, sickness. Anyway things are looking better now. As soon as I work up the courage, I'm going to try that php stuff. :unsure: