Yeah! Kahoot. That error we are all getting since Stevie crashed a few weeks ago. Innodb tables have gone into read only state for some reason and can't be edited. Hence the connection lost errors etc. The one solution seems to be changing all the Innodb tables to MyISAM but I did try this via MyPHPAdmin kept getting the various connection errors. I have tried editing the database in my Notepad++ and saved it. I haven't attempted to replace the database I have on the server with the edited one yet, as the connection is all over the place.

Since today my website and Wordpress dashboard no longer work. I haven't touched them.

Good news is my Wordpress dashboard and website have started working. I did try to replace the database with the Innodb tables with an edited one where I made them MyISAM. I attempted three methods restoring the edited one via backup wizard. It said it was restoring the database but nothing was happening. Tried importing the edited database on MyPHPAdmin but got the configuration was wrong message something to that effect,the file is a sql.zip. I then tried dropping the existing database with the intention of importing the edited one. It asked me if I wanted to drop the existing database clicked yes. Got the #2002 server connection error message.

When importing in PhpMyAdmin, try not to use a zip file. Upload the .sql file by itself into an existing but empty database directly in PhpMyAdmin (not in cPanel).

The error #2002 is an issue when dropping DBs sometimes. I had to convert three of mine, and one failed to drop with #2002. You probably have a half-dropped DB now...it shows in PhpMyAdmin, but not cPanel. Once the DB server issues are worked out, an admin can drop the unwanted database for you.

Thanks Wolstech.

Will try and import the edited one now or tomorrow. Will post on here how it goes. Do I create the new database in mysql databases? As can't see where to create it in phpMyAdmin. Actually ignore that last question I just had a play created a database in mysql databases. I will need to do this again, as created a new database and tried to import the edited sql file I have for the data. I then get a message the file size is too big! So deleted the newly created database.

Is there any expected fix date available? From the thread, it looks like this has been down for over a month and a half. I just moved to heliohost from another host and like all of the features, but the mysql database hasn't worked properly. Kind of frustrating considering that's a key component to many websites.

Fingers crossed!! Should be sorted now. Managed to import my edited database using gz compression as sql file was too big into new database. Just need to delete the old one and edit the config file. Then hopefully my website will be editable. I assume I can delete the old database or does someone have to do it for me? Will do this tomorrow, then can edit my website too.

I posted this in my own thread but I thought it would be useful here. Switching the database creation entries from "innodb" to "myisam" worked for me.

I was able to install joomla after changing the installation joomla.sql file to say MyIsam instead of InnoDB.

Hope this helps.

I have managed to do that Naja as managed to delete the spam comments via my new database. However I deleted the old database in MySQL Databases after creating the new one. The old one is still listed in phpMyAdmin and won't delete due to #2002 server connection error. I have raised a question about it to get someone to look at it for me.

• 1 month later...

I have waited months, literally MONTHS, and jimmyli.org is still having errors.

InnoDB is ACID-safe, why is a more stable engine less stable on your servers? Because your servers are unstable in a way that causes data corruption? I cannot comprehend what your servers are like.

I have waited months, literally MONTHS, and jimmyli.org is still having errors. InnoDB is ACID-safe, why is a more stable engine less stable on your servers? Because your servers are unstable in a way that causes data corruption? I cannot comprehend what your servers are like.

Why not make a new database, export your old data, and then import it to the new database? then edit the drupal config file to point to new database (sites/default/settings.php)? Drupal should be more than happy with MyISAM.

It would be interesting to see if the mysql downtime is actually becoming less or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems mysqld is running on stevie but rejecting most connections. In particular, ones that are close to each other such as when you open two links in wordpress in less than 10 or so seconds are being dropped. That seems to be very restrictive. I hope it is a mistake.