Login Problem

dogsbody

Hi,

I registered my account on Johnny server yesterday, and although i don't see my webpage yet, i was able to login to cPanel (username dogsbody) and upload some files. I also ftp'ed files no problem.

However, today no such joy, my site is not up and when i use the main page login all i get is timeouts.

So my question is, since the server seem to be up, might my account be banned or suspended for some reason?

And is there a link to where i can see when my site would be active?

Regards, Terry

Timeouts...that sounds like the firewall might have blocked you. Does it work if you use a different internet connection (e.g. neighbor's house, 3G, or local coffee shop)? You mentioned that you used FTP...overuse of FTP is the most common way to get blocked.

An admin will need to check and can unblock you if needed.

Also, just so you know, your account is still here, and is still showing the queued page. You'll need to wait a few more days (and get unblocked) before you'll actually be able to see your website.

You were indeed blocked automatically by Johnny's firewall. Your IP address was blocked for 200+ FTP connections. I've removed the block, but please try to limit the number of FTP connections you make, possibly within your FTP client's settings.

# FTP 201 connections - Tue Apr 1 17:16:45 2014

JJE, Wolstech,

Thanks for your replies.

I had a sneaking suspicion about the ftp. The thing is i want to get a page of the current track playing on a radiostation to my site. The radio software sends it automatically via built in ftp whenever the tune is changed. Would it be safer to get a regular ftp client to do the job, so i don't risk banning?

When will i be able to log in to cPanel again?

Regards, Terry

You should be able to log into cPanel since jje unblocked you. If you can't, what error are you getting? Invalid password?

As for using FTP for radio station data...we have/had people use FTP in a similar manner for weather station data. I'm not too sure on the details of that, so an admin might be able to tell you more, but I think it involved getting the FTP usage white-listed.

Still no joy with the login, connection timeouts, 'the server is taking too long to respond' Same thing if i use wrong password, ftp ditto.

I'd be more than happy to explain in detail the workings of the radio data file if needed.

Regards, Terry

That's just how it goes with the Johnny server sometimes. Johnny hosts programs like JAVA, Ruby on Rails, and ASP.NET. Sometimes these programs put a heavy load on the server. If your not using any of those programs then you'll be much happier on the Stevie server.

Ok, it's now been 6 days since i registered my account, and still i'm unable to start building my site. So i guess my question is, apart from the ones above, should i just move on and forget about this, or would someone on here come forward and shed some light?

Thanks in advance.

You're probably blocked again (or were never unblocked properly). Also, if this kind of downtime is unacceptable for you, once you do get access again, you won't like Johnny very much. It is slow or down a lot.

An admin needs to look into this again for you.