Softaculous Issues

condell

Hello

Using stevie server, condellprojex.org and condell.com.au

Tried installing yesterday the Softaculous program X2CRM into condell.com.au

- I can see it in the directory

- But it doesnt appear in the list of installed programs on the Softaculous panel

Today I tried to install 2 programs from Softacuous into the condellprojex.org (EGROUPWARE and X2 CRM), and not only did I not receive any emailed installation emails, but they ALSO did not appear in the list of installations.

In fact, for everything, I'm getting an error:

"CDbException - CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection."

..and then 500 Internal Server Error.

I have installed several programs before, never had these problems :(

Thanks if you can help.

Murray

After 12 hours, the programs I installed from Softaculous are showing as having used up hard disk space, but are still not listed as installed on the Softaculous control panel.

I also installed X2CRM on Johnny, and again it shows dsisk space used, but no installation on the Soft control panel.

What is happening?

Thanks Wolstech, I checked the link.

Installing manually means dowloading the program and instaling it by ftp and connecting it to databases etc. (?)

I guess the important question is by what date is the MySQL going to be repaired by? Was damaged over 2 months ago? If it is soon, I'll wait. If not, I'll do manual.

Btw, to delete the installed programs that Softaculous cannot see, do I simply delete the folder from the server, or is there a "manual" way to uninstall the programs?

Sincerely

Mhilo

You can simply delete the folder and the database(if created) for unfinished Softaculous installs.

If you donot want to download the full file and again upload it to the server, you can use curl to remotely download the file to the server and then you can extract the archive via file manager. If you want, I can give you a working php for the remote file upload. You will not have to upload the files.

Also, check that the software or CMS you are trying to install, so that it does not create InnoDB tables, and if it does, the installation will not complete. Change it to MyISAM.

I guess the important question is by what date is the MySQL going to be repaired by? Was damaged over 2 months ago?

It broke on February 17th I believe, and nobody knows when it'll be fixed.

If it is soon, I'll wait. If not, I'll do manual. Btw, to delete the installed programs that Softaculous cannot see, do I simply delete the folder from the server, or is there a "manual" way to uninstall the programs?

As yashrs said, you can just delete the files and drop the database.

As for installation of software, download it from the maker's website, upload it, and unpack the archive in file manager. Then just follow whatever instructions it comes with for installation. If it gives you database errors, you'll need to ask the maker how to modify it to not use InnoDB tables.

I'd avoid remote install scripts. I've used a few that got flagged as malware. Also, cURL causes quite a bit of load. If anything, it adds complexity and probably increases your chances of being suspended.

• Like 1

Final question on this matter.

When the MySQL is fixed, will that mean that Softaculous will be able to "see" the installations, so that I can uninstall them from their control panel, or use them from there?

...or am I done for, and I really have to remove the recent installs?

No they will not appear in softaculous when the MySQL server is fixed, however these installations that do not appear in softaculous can be treated as if you manually installed it. If the installed software works, there's no need to remove them.

If you want to remove them for some reason you will need to do so manually.