Dot.tk Domains Not Working -- Says That The Hostname Is Invalid

Alonessix

Hello there,

I've got a problem. I'm trying to use a Dot.Tk domain with my site. However, this isn't working -- I'm getting an error saying it's an invalid hostname. I'm wondering 1) how to fix this, and 2) if this has happened to anyone else. Included is a link to a picture of the error. I don't know what could be causing this...with my experience on other free hosts, there hasn't been a problem at all with nameservers.

http://tinypic.com/r/14l1xjl/8

Thanks for reading,

Alone

I also encountered this error while registering a domain.

The workaround is:-

1. Register the domain with domain forwarding.

2. Once it is set up go to 'My Domains' and then edit the domain.

3. Then set the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org

4. Then it works.

This error just comes while registering a new domain.(and not when editing the domain settings)

Same problem existed here:(I got it to work by the workaround)(http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/19109-need-help-with-setting-the-dns/)

Hello! I'm new user and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section... I really want to register an account of type "Johny" with you guys. I decided to use a .tk domain name but I don't know how to configure the dns. Here's a screenshot: So can I have a step-by-step tutorial on how to finally create this account? Thanks in advance ^_^
  • Like 1