PHP Mod Market

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.. i think i fixed everything... anyway I can't check for the username existing unless I can connect to a database though, and for tld, I can't do anything to check if it is their domain or if there is a domain, so I'm not sure about that yet :(

ergh, he signed off yesterday in teh middle of a conv, maybe his internet went out... well, i havent heard from him since, so i've decided to finish it from here. you see, he had two problems in his script:

- it couldn't recognize if a username or domain name had already been taken

- it used an extremely unsecure system where a password was stored to a completely open file

im fixing it up by adding a MySQL database... i'll store the password and all user accounts on it, and ill make the script search teh database to check if there are any of the same domains or usernames already.

after that, i have to find a way to integrate the signup script with IPB, and more specifically, IBStore. and then finally, i want to make an account auto-deletion program. don't worry - ill have it email you a notification that ur account will be deleted in a week before actually deleting the account. see, ill make the signup program store the date (plus one month) onto the database, and also the date (plus one month, minus seven days. and then ill have the account deletion script check both fields, and send an email to the member if he account is deleted in a week, and delete the account if its time.

ill also have to make a renew program... *ergh*. but the renew script will be pretty simple... it'll just add a month to the both date fields.

you know what? i should package all these scripts, and sell them as an "Forum Hosting Management Suite." Of course, ill give appropriate credit to eTronicGaming...

So lets see, just so I remember, i need to do the following:

- Finish the Account-Auto Creator script

...Make secure password storage system through database

...Store all account data onto database (username, domain, account created, account expires, account notification)

...Make a search thing that searches domain an username fields

...Copy and paste, and change one minor thing to create an account creator script for different hosting packages

- Make an IPB Integration mod, that'll allow IBStore to retrieve data from a database when you use an item

- Make a renew program, that'll allow you to renew your subscription. for different package too

- And finally, make an account-auto-delete script that will send an email 7 days before you account expires and will delete it permanently on the expiration date

phew, thats a lot of stuff to do. but most of them are relatively simple. The hardest program of them all would be either the IBStore mod, cuz ill have to learn the structure of IBStore and/or IPB, or teh account creation script, cuz the others are either really simple or based on it.

$acctdomain=$acctdomain.".heliohost.org";

} else {

$acctdomain=$acctdomain.".com";

}

BAD! How 'bout the .net and .org? Comeon eTronicGaming.... good thing I looked through your script.

YAY!!! I am unbelievably happy. No seriously, i am really happy. I just fixed the unsecure system!! yay. Now i have the harder part to go *faints*

lol yah, this is gonna be pretty hard...

Don't worry, I'm here, and you said you liked my new system, and you wouldn't respdond 30 minutes after i kept saying hello? and i had to go to bed. Anyway, I am almost done with the system. ;)

Yah, just I spent the day coding the old system for MySQL... just a little frustrated.

K, I've thought up a new system that should work pretty well. Just the same as the old system, but with multiple passwords. The reason I don't like your system is that you need to know a key. The other system only needs a link.

This new system should be quite simple to create: we can take the old code with the MySQL I put into it, and make it add a new password instead of update it. Then we will have the system search for the code in the list of compatible ones. Once the user is completed with it, the code is removed from the list.

What do you think? I like the system, quite simple.

Also, I need you to add a contact email to the form. I want everything stored in a MySQL database, but encrypt the password before storing it. Please use the md5 encryption; its better.

Have the script search to see if an account is already in the database with the same domain or username.

Also, I want the script to display an error if you enter an incompatible domain or username. Like say, you enter 3^&*''''|: for the domain. I want it to display an error.

I want the account expiration date (one month after registration) also stored in the MySQL DB.

ALSO: NOTE!! I want you to use double quotes, and not single quotes. Single quotes are very insecure. Please, trust me. It protects against MySQL injection. See here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....nProtection.asp.

Thanks! Once do you all that, you get your domain name. If you need any help, I can help you out.

One more thing: tell me the names of the tables and stuff you used for the MySQL system - I need to be able to integrate teh renew script and the deletion script.

Alright, we're done!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of us are quite happy ;). I've just bought the domain that eTronicGaming wanted (www.etronicgaming.com), its in the process of DNS Propagation, will be ready soon. I've left six simple things to do before the script is completely uploaded are ready for use:

- Review the script, and look through it, just to find any faults I may have missed in the process of testing the script. Also I want to add comments throughout it for my reference.

- Create the MySQL database in HelioHost

- Update the MySQL information in the script

- Add Package row

- Upload the script

- Password protect certain files

- Upload all current account information into the MySQL database

So eTronicGaming, since you're now "Official PHP Dude," you're going to have to do some PHP stuff for me... hehe...

Two things in the near future please:

- An account renewal script, that will add a month of hosting to an already created account. You know what to do, eTronic ;)

- An account auto-deletion script, that will automatically delete expired accounts, and will notify the user one week before the account is deleted, and notify the user when the account is deleted. This ones a bit more complicated, but you should manage...

BIG IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ETRONICGAMING!!!!!!

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST WITH THE FOLLOWING TEXT:

ALL OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT PRIVILEGES OF THIS ACCOUNT DELETION SCRIPT ARE HEREBY TRANSFERED TO THE HELIO NETWORKS.

BY REPLYING TO THIS POST WITH THE ABOVE QUOTE, YOU HEREBY TRANSFER ALL OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT PRIVILEGES OF THIS ACCOUNT DELETION SCRIPT TO THE HELIO NETWORKS.

Sry, but I like to keep things legal, and there isn't really any EULA for the script (lol), so I just made my own little agreement.

Don't worry, I won't go around saying that I made the script, I will ALWAYS tell people you made it. But I want to be safe, just in case you turn evil in the future, :ph34r: no offense of course. Cuz then you would have full legal rights to make me give you back the account deletion script and keep me from using it.

ALL OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT PRIVILEGES OF THIS ACCOUNT DELETION SCRIPT ARE HEREBY TRANSFERED TO THE HELIO NETWORKS.

BY REPLYING TO THIS POST WITH THE ABOVE QUOTE, YOU HEREBY TRANSFER ALL OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT PRIVILEGES OF THIS ACCOUNT DELETION SCRIPT TO THE HELIO NETWORKS.

eTronic Gaming gave all rights and permissions to djbob, so long as djbob recognises that eTronicGaming made it. All the experience I've had with code, if it doesn't create an error with separate code which counts on it to be positive, or a divide by 0 error, it should be fine. I mean, you can plug negative values into IPB stuff, right?

Well, it aint working. Its just giving me the old system of adding 28 days. But that was removed out from the code - I got to clue what its doing. eTronicGaming?

Btw, don't forgot about the thing to check if the password is valid.