[Answered] What Is The Difference Between Stevie, Johnny Stevie Ssl, And Johnny Ssl And Too Good To Be True?

AFN

Before I sign up I would like to know what is the difference between Stevie, Johnny Stevie SSL, and Johnny SSL? I see that the first two packages are 100% free and the other two require a $12 setup fee but it seems it's too good to be true so are there any strings attached to any of the packages?

Stevie is more reliable and uptime is far better than Johnny. However, Johnny has more functionality like Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET (up .NET 3.5), and Java. Stevie is limited to 250 signups/day to help control load. Johnny is unlimited. On both plans, space is capped at 500MB and cannot be increased. On Stevie, the limits on server load are lower. No bandwidth limit on either server.

Stevie SSL and Johnny SSL are the same thing as the normal Stevie and Johnny packages, but cost $12 because we require a dedicated IP address for SSL (HTTPS / "padlock icon" in most browsers). That $12 is our cost for the IP address, which we just pass along to you. You'd need to buy SSL certificates from a certificate authority as well to enable SSL (or use a self-signed one, which work but make browsers spit out scary warnings).

Most get the free Stevie or Johnny account now, and add the dedicated IP address later if they end up needing it.

Long answer short: Aside from the dedicated IP address on the SSL accounts, the free and paid accounts are the same.

• Like 1