Big Issues With Sql And Ftp

To175

Hi, so let's begin :

When I go to PhpMyAdmin, I very often have my sql connection can't be linked (because of try/catch, 5 minutes to wait)

When someone send a form and the (few) data are stored in PhpMyAdmin (sql), I often have my site crashed.

When I upload a file in FTP, I sometimes have a crash (Error 500).

Help please :(

This is very embarrassing ! :o

Example of query :

$req = $pdo->prepare("INSERT INTO test (pseudo, skype, serv, age, rang, specialite, exp, motiv, dispo, datepost, statut) VALUES (:pseudo, :skype, :serv, :age, :rang, :specialite, :exp, :motiv, :dispo, :datepost, :statut)");

$req->execute(array(

":pseudo" => $_POST['pseudo'],

":skype" => $_POST['skype'],

":serv" => $_POST['serv'],

":age" => $_POST['age'],

":rang" => $_POST['rang'],

":specialite" => $_POST['specialites'],

":exp" => $_POST['experience'],

":motiv" => $_POST['motiv'],

":dispo" => $dispo,

":datepost" => $datepost,

":statut" => $statut,

));

The 500 errors on your site when using cpanel, FTP or phpmyadmin are normal due to the process limit. Solution is to use them only when you can afford to have those 500 errors (e.g. when your site isn't busy).

As for MySQL being unreliable, the mysql server isn't exactly stable because of the crash in February. It goes down pretty often (although its been better in recent months), and that 5 minutes is how long it takes for cpanel to restart it when it fails.

Since I'm not sure what error you're getting...

Does the form use mail() to send an email by any chance? Sending mail when exim is crashed will make some scripts choke and spew 500 errors.

Also, does your database use innodb tables (these need to be converted to myisam)? Trying to write to/alter/drop those is a good way to crash MySQL and get various errors (-1 from storage engine, lost connection during query, and a few others).

Since I'm not sure what error you're getting... Does the form use mail() to send an email by any chance? Sending mail when exim is crashed will make some scripts choke and spew 500 errors. Also, does your database use innodb tables (these need to be converted to myisam)? Trying to write to/alter/drop those is a good way to crash MySQL and get various errors (-1 from storage engine, lost connection during query, and a few others).

Thanks !

I French, I can't really understand you. (And a newbie :P )

Can you please be more precise ? Thanks ^^

Does the form use mail() to send an email by any chance? Sending mail when exim is crashed will make some scripts choke and spew 500 errors.

Also, does your database use innodb tables (these need to be converted to myisam)? Trying to write to/alter/drop those is a good way to crash MySQL and get various errors (-1 from storage engine, lost connection during query, and a few others).

please :/

please :/

If you don't understand what I wrote, you likely won't be able to fix it.

I don't know what "it crashes" means. so I can't give anything more specific. Do you mean a 500 error? If so, your software is broken. Is it a mysql error? If so, it's likely our broken database server which we likely won't be fixing in the near future (move to Johnny or find another host).

If it's an error related to mail not sending, try again later.