How To Run Web Socket Server

srihari

hi i would like to run a php websocket server in heliohost. As every tutorial said to run the php file in shell or command prompt, i know that heliohost dont provide shell and blocked the exec(), .., etc. And port are not open as i tried normal socket programming.

i have recently search and find some discussion that websocket is allowed in heliohost and can choose the easier language to do that.

i am wondering how to do that because websocker url look like

ws://host:port/some/path as port are not allowed to open.

anyone know how to do it. as discussion clearly said that websocket can be run in heliohost

these are the links

http://www.helionet....red-websockets/

http://www.helionet....ebsocket-setup/

please anyone can i run websocket if so how can i do it using php or other language (supported by heliohost stevie server)

thanks in advance

This is not fully supported here. You can use sockets (fsock, etc) to make connections outbound to other servers on standard web ports (21,80,443,3306,8080, the mail ports, and maybe a few others) only.

Inbound connections are not allowed. You can't run a server that listens for connections on a custom port, which it sounds like you're trying to do.

• Like 1

This is not fully supported here. You can use sockets (fsock, etc) to make connections outbound to other servers on standard web ports (21,80,443,3306,8080, the mail ports, and maybe a few others) only. Inbound connections are not allowed. You can't run a server that listens for connections on a custom port, which it sounds like you're trying to do.

thanks for the reply