Instructions For Website Upload To A Newbie

GabiTrad

Hello!

I have searched the forum and the web, but unfortunately I don't understand some basic concepts yet.

What I have already done:

- I own a domain name, not from HelioHost, which I want to use. I have changed the DNS1 and DNS2 to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org, respectively. However, there are also DNS3-DNS6 with the default name - ns3.blablabla.something, which I cannot remove. Is this correct?

-I have created an html page in dreamweaver (nothing special, just a backround image) in order to test my website upload. Unfortunately, I only see a white page, in Chrome or Firefox, when I type the URL I have in my domain. The HTML page is uploaded using the File Manager, inside the public_html directory.

-I generally don't understand how to check the status of my website. If there are any more suggestions or tutorials on the web, I would be happy to check them.

It is obvious I am a starter. If any other info is needed from my part, please ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest you to google, there are instructions for almost everything. For questions about Heliohost there is the wiki and this forum. - DNS3-DNS6 can be removed - Can you provide the URL to your site? - Account status: http://www.heliohost.../scripts/status

Sorry I did not respond earlier, there seems to be a problem with this forum, too.

Although I am subscribed, I have not received any notifications about your response. I can't even unsubscribe now, to repeat the process and see if I have checked the email option! (weird...)

Of course I have used Google, don't worry, I have passed that level :rolleyes: I make sure I do some research first before posting.

I cannot remove the DNS3-DNS6, although I don't know if that is necessary. I get an error: "Object association prohibits operation[]". That happens when I only have ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org in DNS1 and DNS2, respectively, while DNS3-DNS6 remain blank.

Account status was

Your account has been created and you can now login at heliohost.org.
from the moment I created my website.

What changed from the last time, is that my website was uploaded successfully on the web, but not for a long time. Right now, I am getting again a blank page, although I did not change anything. What I missed in the beginning was naming my homepage "index.html" (which was NOT MENTIONED anywhere in the wiki but only in some buried posts in the forum...anyway, maybe I am missing something here).

I would like to thank you for your help. In the past, there was more help from the creators/administrators, but maybe they are on vacation now.

If you think that you also need the website's URL to solve my problem, I will give it to you. For the moment, I hope you can help me in this way.

In order to be helped, admins and mods do need to know what your account name is, what URL you are using and the server.

Without this information, we can only make guesses on what the problem may be.

Also, this forum is to ask general hosting questions. If you have Heliohost related question, I would recommend to post in the Customer Service board.

For the DNS3-DNS6 problems, I assume you are talking about the name server records? You can leave the others black, but make sure you have ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org filled in.

• Like 1

Account Name: sgabi

URL: traduceri-greaca-romana.eu

Server: Stevie

If you think I have posted in the wrong section, is it possible for you to move my thread to the Customer Service? However, the very few topics I found with similar issues, such as this:

http://www.helionet....y-in-main-page/ are in this section.

I don't know if there is a problem with DNS, but here is a picture from what I seepost-90920-0-43762000-1433412526_thumb.jpg. Like I said in the previous post, I cannot remove DNS3-DNS6 but I am not sure if that is necessary.

Fun Fact: Somehow, while I am typing this post, I can see my website working fine (no blank page). I am not sure why and if it is going to last. :P/&--#62;/&--#62;

I don't think it is a cache issue. Right now, it does not work for me from Mozilla Firefox, from Chrome I get lots of "Page Not Found" after clicking on some hyperlinks. Same happens on android phone. See here:post-90920-0-21535300-1433433363_thumb.jpg

Are you sure you can visit all the webpages, apart from the index page?

Thanks for checking it!

It's still working for me. I cannot get a single error from that site. That error message is also not from our servers. Our error messages do not mention CentOS at the bottom (they say Unix instead), and Apache is the wrong version as well.

You need to remove those other NS records from your domain, as those are likely the cause of this issue (when someone hits your domain and it picks one of those NS's instead of ours, you get the error pages from another server instead of content from us). Try entering ours repeatedly in the other boxes. If it won't accept them, you may need to contact your registrar to have them removed.

• Like 1

It's still working for me. I cannot get a single error from that site. That error message is also not from our servers. Our error messages do not mention CentOS at the bottom (they say Unix instead), and Apache is the wrong version as well. You need to remove those other NS records from your domain, as those are likely the cause of this issue (when someone hits your domain and it picks one of those NS's instead of ours, you get the error pages from another server instead of content from us). Try entering ours repeatedly in the other boxes. If it won't accept them, you may need to contact your registrar to have them removed.

Thanks a lot! I have contacted them and I will post here as soon as they respond