FireFox VS Internet Explorer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FVenom, are you so sure about this?

According to what I know, most sites supports IE rather than FF,

but what's for sure, FF is more standardize than IE.

• 2 weeks later...
Fire Fox Of Course Becuase So Many Add ons And If You Get An Error It Explains It Unlike IE wich will probably say unable to connect to the page B)

That was... quite painful to read.

And again, why is this in Open Source?

That was... quite painful to read.

And again, why is this in Open Source?

Maybe because of FF is an open source software.

Garrryy had a good point on FF and IE. IE indeed sucks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only thing I hate about Firefox is the memory leak. It eats up a lot of RAM while idle.

The only thing I hate about Firefox is the memory leak. It eats up a lot of RAM while idle.

I doubt those are memory leaks, the amount of memory it takes seems to stay pretty constant throughout.

Anyways, FireFox 3.0 is officially released today!

Yea I get that problem too. I normally have about 10 tabs open at all times. And I don't like having to close firefox. My computer stays on 24/7 and so does firefox. And it uses a ton of memory when I do this.

That why I'm glad Firefox 3 has a feature where it saves all your open tabs when you close it, and reopens them all next time you start Firefox. Although I know there were plugins that did that for FF2 I just didn't like any of them.

Most of the time your tabs only reopen is because Firefox didn't close properly (i.e. another program required Firefox to be closed.)

Before 3.0, If I ever did want them to reopen, I would go into the system monitor and close firefox from there. That way, every window reopens. The one that comes with 3.0 only supports reopenning tabs from 1 window.