Best FireFox ad-ons

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think the FF extensions are much more user friendly. There is also a larger selection of extensions allowing the user to find the extensions that fit him the best.

Quantity does not equal quality. While there are many extensions, most of them are pure junk. As you can see from this thread, most people just use the same handful of extensions.

Didn't anyone come up with patches for IE making it compatible with firefox add-ons? Just waiting for that day.

Nope, you'd think so, but no. Funny enough, back in the olden days, Internet Explorer was nearly fully compatible with Netscape plugins (which code-base was used for Firefox), however, it was a strategy from Microsoft and they broke the compatibility on purpose to get people away from Netscape.

im trying to remove some of my plugins...and they say that they'll be uninstalled when firefox restarts...i've closed firefox, made sure the process isn't running...and yet it the addons still say "This add-on will be uninstalled when Firefox restarts". help? ><

I addded some scripts for greasemonkey. I didn't have to restart my firefox. I have no idea why firefox asks you to restart it.

I just right clicked on the small greasemonkey icon and then clicked on manage scripts. Then selected a script and pressed the 'uninstall' button to uninstall the script.

I addded some scripts for greasemonkey. I didn't have to restart my firefox. I have no idea why firefox asks you to restart it.

I just right clicked on the small greasemonkey icon and then clicked on manage scripts. Then selected a script and pressed the 'uninstall' button to uninstall the script.

thats because the scripts don't change the actual source code of firefox...they're just text files that are added to web pages, and can be used immediately. actual plugins, however, do change the source code. they're different... -_- really nice plugin though. i use the google autostream script, which loads the next pages and puts them on the bottom of the first page as i scroll to the bottom, so i don't have to click "next" when searching...and the invisibility cloak. lol. which is like a leash for yourself. xD it prevents me from going to certain sites until past a certain time so i dont do other things (-cough-helionet-cough-) when im supposed to be working. :rolleyes:

kalamarko - what do u use video downloader for? youtube...?

They have one that allows you to switch from firefox view of a website to internet explorer view of a site. Pretty cool for peeps like me (developers) who need to make sure their websites look ok in firefox and in internet explorer without having to open up an ie page.

u mean IE tab.isn't it?

My favorite is the All-in-one Sidebar. It gives quick and convenient access to Bookmarks and stuff and lets you easily hide those it in a snap.

http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1027/

Another is the scrap book, which lets you save webpages in an organized and neat order. You are going to be glad or wish you used this when your internet access is down and you can't go online. So you can view saved webpages when you are offline.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/427