[Solved] Databases Not Visible

Dtc

Hello. I write this because since some time my pages on the server started to malfunction, specificaly on the Mysql databases. I though it was maybe a down time or some kind of long maintenance so i didn't care.

Today i tried to access to them and i noted that they was still down so i went to the twitter account and later to the forum, so i read about the fixes on the stevie mysql server.

I didn't knew about the fix so i didn't back up my databases. Can you help me please?

My username is: Dtc

The webpage is: dtc-srni.tk

The databases's names are: dtc_blog_wp, dtc_boxbilling, dtc_esimmercadobd and dtc_sistemaunificado

Thank you

When you say inaccessible, do you mean your software can't use them? If so, change the password for the database user your software is using. If PHPMyAdmin does not work, change your cPanel password.

If they disappeared entirely, let me know and I'll escalate it so they can be assigned back to your mysql root account.

If you mean their tables are showing as "in use", there's nothing that can be done since we dropped our InnoDB support entirely. You'd have to wait until we restore that (there's no information on when or if this will happen).

They just became invisible, like if i had erased them. I knew about this issue on this post: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/21518-stevie-mysql/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Since the fix has worked so well we've decided to go ahead with implementing the fix on Stevie too. The upside is we should now have nearly 100% Mysql uptime to match Stevie's nearly 100% html/php uptime. The downside is that some Mysql databases might become temporarily invisible to their accounts/users. We would like to emphasize that no data whatsoever was lost in the fix on Johnny, and we see no reason why Stevie would be any different. That said, we do recommend (as always) to take backups of your Mysql databases.

If you happen to be one of the users that end up with an invisible database you have two options. First, you can delete the invisible database, recreate it, and restore your backup. Otherwise, if you fail to take a backup as we suggest you need only post on the Customer Service subforum http://www.helionet....stomer-service/ clearly stating your username, and the names of the affected database(s). An admin will then be able to restore to you visibility of the affected data with no loss of information. Also keep in mind that the data will become invisible to any database users that you may have created, but you can fix this yourself once your database is visible to your root account by deleting, recreating, and reassigning permissions to your database user.

Thank you

The fix hasn't been fully implemented yet, so no databases are invisible to anyone on Stevie.

Like wolstech said if phpmyadmin isn't working for you please visit http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/passwd/index.html and change your password. This syncs the cpanel and mysql passwords so cpanel can log in to phpmyadmin.

If your websites aren't able to connect to their database then visit http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/index.html and delete the mysql user that isn't working, recreate it, and assign it permissions, and the same password that it was using before. You can even change passwords if you wish but you'll have to update your scripts to use the new password.

Let us know if you need more detailed instructions on how to achieve what I have explained.

This is how the databases are shown, empty. I didn't do anything recently so i'm kinda sure i didn't screw something. Maybe i'm missing something but i can't figure it out. Btw, have that message on the top some relation to this?

Thank you for your attention

I already did that but nothing changes. I'd like not to lose those databases, is there any chance to get a backup of those db? it does not matter how old it is if its from this year, please.

What do they look like in phpmyadmin? Do all the tables say "in use"? If so, it's because we dropped innodb support on Stevie and your choices are to wait and hope we restore that support, or drop them.

As for backups, we don't keep any backups.

is there any chance to get a backup of those db?

I don't understand why you would want a backup when all of your data is there:

Oct 11 20:05 dtc_blog_wp/
Oct  1  2014 dtc_boxbilling/
Oct  7 08:30 dtc_esimmercadobd/
Mar 20  2014 dtc_sistemaunificado/

mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_dtc_blog_wp |
+-----------------------+
| wp_commentmeta        |
| wp_comments           |
| wp_links              |