Astronomy

In our country, astronomy isn't worth much unfortunately, and it goes instead of normal science classes if you choose it. :S

Still, interesting though. I like black holes. :P

what do you mean by this? i'm having a hard time understanding...

and if you like black holes, you should check out the march issue of national geographic...there's a huge section on supernovae and some stuff about black holes...pretty interesting stuff...

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ack. An old topic revived from the dead(although not necessarily a bad thing...astronomy's pretty interesting). Anyway, I was just thinking about the stuff you can see when you just look up into the sky. You can see the moon. I think sometimes you can see Mars. And sometimes you can see some other planet, a planet that looks bigger than the moon. Is that Jupiter? or am I mixing that up with something else?

• 4 weeks later...
And sometimes you can see some other planet, a planet that looks bigger than the moon. Is that Jupiter? or am I mixing that up with something else?

That is Mars, not Jupiter.

If you ever see the picture where planet orientated in a line (forgot what's the phenomenon called, someone please correct me)

Jupiter is way a lot bigger than Mars although it's much further away from the Earth.

This video will make anyone love astronomy ...

Tell me what you were thinking as you got further and further away.

If you ever see the picture where planet orientated in a line (forgot what's the phenomenon called, someone please correct me)

I believe that the term is Syzygy. Wikipedia defines - "Syzygia, adjective of Syzygy, describes the alignment of three or more celestial bodies in the same gravitational system along a straight line"

Hey Clydefrog, thanks a lot for that.

I'm not so sure whether it was that term or not, but as I remember,

my term was something else different.

Never mind, your term can define my meaning very well.

thanks.