Proxy Optimized

Ashoat

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Proxy :). BTW, your school is out ALREADY? Nice.

BTW, our school people like the librarian are so out of touch of modern tech, that me and my friend say the word "proxy" in a regular tone about two meters away from them, and they don't even notice.

Uhm, its against the rules to bypass the school filters, and thats just what a proxy does. Don't worry, they will never find out what you're doing, school techs are usually too stupid ;)

I'm writing this from our school library BTW ;)

You're joking right, that's so simple! My school's filters keep getting harder to bypass as time passes, and it uses a meta tag search, along with a keyword search along a few page's text. We USED to be able to go to a page translater and do a chinese to english thing, but now they've blocked out "Proxy Bypass"

We do that too when nothing else works. You know, some people should get together and sue these people. This would be similiar to Board of Educ. v. Pico (1982), a Supreme Court case that ruled that a school was not allowed to remove books from its library because it broke the 1st Ammendment - free speech. The point was that you can't have free speech if you aren't allowed to opiniate yourselves. This is would the same, except for the 21st century. What do you think?

My school's filters are based on site domains, so all I have to do is open up a dos promt, run a whois, and access the site throught their IP instead of the domain. Works every time.

Not only does our school block IPs and domains, it also blocks the CMD (dos prompt), the run dialog, and even task manager. Sucks, huh?