Is the world round or flat?

• 3 months later...

The Flat Earth Society people actually don't believe that the earth is flat. They just like making people sign up to argue with them, partly because its fun and partly to make people think about why so many accept science at face value instead of exploring it for ourselves. I can't prove that the earth is round, but I believe it anyway because that's what scientists tell me, and I consider them an authority. In a way, it'd be no different than believing that the earth is flat because a priest told me... its meant to be social commentary, not science. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
The Flat Earth Society people actually don't believe that the earth is flat. They just like making people sign up to argue with them, partly because its fun and partly to make people think about why so many accept science at face value instead of exploring it for ourselves. I can't prove that the earth is round, but I believe it anyway because that's what scientists tell me, and I consider them an authority. In a way, it'd be no different than believing that the earth is flat because a priest told me... its meant to be social commentary, not science. :ph34r:

A: They truthfully believe that the earth is flat. They do not like flaming, or even "heated debates" on the subject.

B: I don't believe the Earth is round because scientist tell me. I use common sense. A flat Earth just wouldn't explain seasons, climates, star/planet patterns, and global weather. It was pretty obvious before Christopher Columbus, as well as before NASA. It was just looked down upon because priests and religious figures demoted the idea. So if we believed the Earth is round because scientists told us so, we would have believed it when the first people, who thought logically on the subject, suggested it to us.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...