Webspace Help

Can anyone please tell me how to make the username and password login box on my webpage. I know how to design it but what is the script to make it work? I want my website to have a cookie saved on the computer when you sign in and then deleted when one signed out. Please help. Waiting for reply.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone please tell me how to make the username and password login box on my webpage. I know how to design it but what is the script to make it work? I want my website to have a cookie saved on the computer when you sign in and then deleted when one signed out. Please help. Waiting for reply.

You need to know a bit of PHP. That, or just Google search for one on the net.

I found a few php sites but they weren't helpful as they only gave me scripts that tell you to save your username and password in the script of the webpage so it is viewable to anyone who checks out the webpage's source. I need a login and password feature which uses cookies so is more secure. Waiting for reply.

Thanks for the website, though I don't like using php that much mainly because I suck at it. Isn't there any program that allows you to do it or ready made scripts for it e.g. the script for the phpbb forum. If anyone finds any such thing please do reply. ^_^

Thanks for the website, though I don't like using php that much mainly because I suck at it. Isn't there any program that allows you to do it or ready made scripts for it e.g. the script for the phpbb forum. If anyone finds any such thing please do reply. ^_^

Programming languages are rarely that simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new to this whole webdesigning thing. I installed this server software and then I copied the files to the webserver folder. I read the documentation of the files I uploaded and it said that chmod this and chmod that to 777. What is Chmod anyways?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...