Chemistry

I'm doubling up in science next year, so I'm taking honors chemistry(You would usually take it in your junior year, but I'm taking it my sophomore year). This was is one ambition I have, along with business, after I graduate high school. Chemistry is one of the highest growing fields. Just think about it, every thing revolves around it: computer chips, alloys, even painting cars on the factory line requires you to dip the car in an acid to remove the outer layer of metal to prevent rust from occurring under the paint. I think that it is a very interesting subject, though I prefer physics over it.

I'm doubling up in science next year, so I'm taking honors chemistry(You would usually take it in your junior year, but I'm taking it my sophomore year). This was is one ambition I have, along with business, after I graduate high school. Chemistry is one of the highest growing fields. Just think about it, every thing revolves around it: computer chips, alloys, even painting cars on the factory line requires you to dip the car in an acid to remove the outer layer of metal to prevent rust from occurring under the paint. I think that it is a very interesting subject, though I prefer physics over it.

i think you're making a good choice...chemistry is definitely a worthwhile subject to master...

i have to warn you though...i took honors chem in highschool and it was [bleeped!] hard! i won't even tell you how hard AP chem was...!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to get into Honors Chemistry (currently a sophomore). We balanced out some chemical equations in 8th grade, and I didn't think it was that bad. I like biology more, because at least you're dealing with living things, which for me is more interesting than some chemicals reacting.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would recommend taking as many science courses as you can in high school. It will be worth it just to see if you have a] an interest in the subject or b] an aptitude for learning it. At one time I wanted to be a Chemical Engineer. I had an excellent Chemistry teacher in high school and he really motivated me to go that direction. In the end I decided to change my major, but I still remember that learning chemistry in high school was pretty neat. I liked the experiments the best.

In my country, Chemistry level wasn't as high as western countries.

So maybe I can't give any comments to you all.

But Chemistry is indeed an interesting subject, studying the very original unit of your body and nature, atom.

How they react, to form new substance, how they dissociates, to form 2 different smaller substance.. haha fun!

But still I prefer physics, since it's studying about the nature, and also covered my favourite Cosmology!

• 1 month later...

Chemistry?

WARNING:*************************************************************************

The following may contain material that may be offensive or may incourage deviant behaviour. I placed this just for a laugh and am NOT incouraging anyone to actually do what i say.

Read at your own risk!

**********************************************************************************

lets see if i still know, get pool chlorine, undiluted orange juice, a bottle and cork stopper.

1 pour in the chlorine.

2 go out side

3 pour in the mazoe (Orange juice) ... and extremly fast cork the bottle tight.

You might want to throw the thing fast, take cover, or hold it close to your head like an idiot. Either way works for me, as long as i'm not the one holding it.

have fun

PS: use a plastic bottle,

Cl + vitamin C(forgot its scientific name and formula, what what what acid, LOL)

it's 2-oxo-L-threo-hexono-1,4- lactone-2,3-enediol, just searched from wiki, anyway, its an acid.

so Cl + H(positive) = H2 (hydrogen gas)??