Street Art:

I think street art is a complete form of art. Art is about the creativity of everyone and how they choose to express it. I dislike those people who say graffiti is just vandalism and should be scrubbed off. C'mon people: we're supposed to express ourselves and our opinions in this society! and if having to spray it on the side of a building, I sure as hell am goign to do it! Opinions?

I think street art is a complete form of art. Art is about the creativity of everyone and how they choose to express it. I dislike those people who say graffiti is just vandalism and should be scrubbed off. C'mon people: we're supposed to express ourselves and our opinions in this society! and if having to spray it on the side of a building, I sure as hell am goign to do it! Opinions?

i've seen some nice graffiti in my lifetime, but why do it on someone else's wall? why not tag up the side of your own house?

• 1 month later...

Vandalism is ruining other people's property. Something that is not yours and you ruin it. Sure, it's good to express one's self. But there are ways that you can do it without breaking the law. If you truly believe you have the right to deface public property, then you might as well be an anarchist.

A lot of graffiti art is quite stunning and I actually find it interesting.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/ truly a genius, guerilla artist at large. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They have Graffiti walls were people are allowed to graffiti on but the walls I have seen and most of them get sprayed over. The stupid thing with those is that people vandalize the good work by just sprayed random stuff on there...

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some very nice "street art" around, but it's like... sorry, but don't vandalise. If you want to pursue that type of art (and have it seen, like on the street) contact city planners or something and ask about painting murals or things on various public buildings that are in need of sprucing up.

Or, do it on a canvas in your house.

• 1 month later...