Street Art:

I agree that street art is art but I draw a line between graffiti and street art. Very little graffiti is actually for the sake of any art. You can find both graffiti and street art in even the little town I live in: the graffiti is almost exclusively people talking about who they're in love with or who they hate, and the street art is a huge mural on the side of a laundromat. And street art isn't just about walls. My favorite street artist (you can see his art here) using chalk on sidewalks to create a 3-dimensional looking piece of art to an incredible effect. Sure, it only looks good from one angle and it's temporary art, but I've never seen someone capable of such perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

It totally depends on what kind of graffiti. In my opinion, any graffiti made for the sake of vandalizing something is not art, no matter how good it looks. Any graffiti that is made up exclusively of text that's not decorated in any manner is not art. I've always believed that art is made by artists and that artists are people who have the intention of creating art. If the graffiti was made with the intention of creating art and effort was put into it to achieve this end, then it is art. That's the line I was saying I draw between graffiti and art.

• 8 months later...

Well Street art in the form of a mural would be art

spray painting on a building that belongs to someone other than you is vandalism

Would you like it if someone spray painted your house? especially if you didn't like it.

just my opinion