[Solved] Wordpress Db Not Deleted But Client Denied By Server Config

robev

After the MySQL crash I changed my cPanel password, was able to get back into phpMyAdmin. My Wordpress database was still there in tact, but all of the tables were renamed from to something else for some reason. I renamed them all back, and the "cannot connect to database" error went away, but then my website simply failed to load anything. I realized I was supposed to delete and recreate my database users, which I did, and reassigned them to the database. I used the same password as configured in Wordpress. Still nothing. I checked the cPanel error logs and saw this:

[Thu Jun 23 07:09:43 2016] [error] [client 37.26.147.148] client denied by server configuration: /home/robev/public_html/blog/wp-admin/install.php

So for some reason the server is rejecting me. I looked online and it recommended checking the .htaccess file if there's any restrictions, and there are none.

Is this on your end or mine?

For me, the blog on your site redirects in an infinite loop. I would recommend dropping your database, recreating a new one with a different name and restoring your backup into that database. After that, assign the user to the database, and edit wp-config.php to use the new database.