Typical Database Error

amirasamy

Hello /,

my Wordpress website went down due to the recent problems on Stevie, I changed cPanel password and logged out then logged in again and now I can normally access phpMyAdmin, the problem however is when I tried to delete corrupted database and recreate it (also the user) it says that a database with this name already exists. It's not visible in MySQL or phpMyAdmin and I keep getting install page at my website, I have full backups for the database and the files in Softaculous and from a plugin that I was using. I can't restore it though because in Softaculous it tells me "

• Could not connect to the database Access denied for user 'amirasam_****'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

"

And can't create a new database with the same name in MySQL because it says "

The database “amirasam_blog” already exists.

"

I could provide the backup and it'd be great if someone could help restoring it. It just went into a huge mess! :'D

Thanks in advance.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

UPDATE:

I managed to create a new database with another name and imported every table at its own. I can now access the website but no directories are found, pages give 404 and no images are visible, so I guess I still need someone's help at restoring the backup in a proper way. Thanks again.

/Username: amirasam

Server: obviously Stevie

That website is working normally for me...is there a specific page that doesn't work?

Weird! it works perfectly fine now, guess it had something to do with the caching plugin. Anyway how can I go back to the original database? I mean is it okay that there's a database with the old name although it's not visible?